Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Trail Run Plans/Reports (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/trail-run-plans-reports-8135.html)

075.7WK 04-02-2010 01:15 PM

Trail Run Plans/Reports

1 Attachment(s)
Since some of us enjoy taking our WK's off-road, I think it might be helpful to have a place where we can plan trips, share trail data and show what we've been up to on the trails.

I have two weeks to invest in the Colorado/Utah areas this spring/summer.

I am trying to balance Grand Slam, the opening of the San Juans(Poughkeepsie Gulch is beckoning me back....see pic) and meeting the folks at Saguaro to get a winch-bumper.

I know Tom Z and Acid will be interested, as well as Russ, if he is signed up.

Let's go wheelin' boys and girls(Darrell Waltrip).

Kevin

John_R 04-02-2010 01:47 PM

Re: Trail Run Plans/Reports

I wish I were closer. I am in SoCal and will be de-virginizing this thing tomorrow, woohoo! However, I will be solo and this is the first time in 6 1/2 years on the dirt, so it will be real mild. I bought this thing to wheel, so who knows, if I ever get the chance I've always wanted to drive to CO (plans had included moving there to the Springs' area)...Been to UT (moab) and what a good time. I'm not planning on doing any rock crawling this time around though, with the IFS and low clearance (no sliders yet) especially

075.7WK 04-02-2010 02:18 PM

Russ will hook you up with the sliders. I hope to see you on the trails.

1 GRAND 04-02-2010 02:48 PM

Wish I was closer to you bro! I would love to wheel the ZJ out west.

I will be wheeling tomorrow here in the East Kentucky mountains. Can't wait to get the old girl dirty. She has sit the biggest part of the winter.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...590ec6f80c.jpg

075.7WK 04-02-2010 03:04 PM

Well, I am in WA state....the miles to meet half way is semi-negligible. Nice Jeep and a tough looking young man.

manyjeeps 04-03-2010 06:02 PM

why don't you call/e-mail Saguaro and see if they would join you? That's in their stomping grounds isn't it?

075.7WK 04-04-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manyjeeps (Post 181735)
why don't you call/e-mail Saguaro and see if they would join you? That's in their stomping grounds isn't it?

It is. I spoke to them last week. They still haven't wheeled or towed with the bumper yet. The trip to EJS will be an indicator of how well it does.

One thought is to get the bumper at their shop and maybe install it right there if installation is as easy as it sounds,

I'm also interested in their rear bumper; a 33" spare takes up a lot of room.

manyjeeps 04-04-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 075.7WK (Post 182160)
It is. I spoke to them last week. They still haven't wheeled or towed with the bumper yet. The trip to EJS will be an indicator of how well it does.

One thought is to get the bumper at their shop and maybe install it right there if installation is as easy as it sounds,

I'm also interested in their rear bumper; a 33" spare takes up a lot of room.

Would definitely save you some on shipping to go to them and get their bumper if you are already headed that way. If you wait for long enough before your trip you may even be able to get your rear bumper too. I heard it was supposed to be ready by the and of May beginning of June. They have pics up on their FB page of their Moab trip. You should take a look.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...1420661&ref=mf

If and when you do get their bumper are you planning on a color match or their standard textured black or Rubicon Silver?

Also where in WA are you from? I used to live in Snohomish. I live in CO now and can't get enough of the trails in and around Ouray/Telluride and the surrounding area. I love to visit Moab once in a while too but I'm not into tearing up my rigs on the rocks.

I know our group is going to Ouray in July and again in Aug./Sep. possibly. Should be fun.

075.7WK 04-04-2010 10:57 PM

I like the idea of the color match; it depends on how close reality comes to advertising on their part.

I live in Auburn, about 20 miles south of Seattle.

Devilsmed98 04-06-2010 04:14 PM

Anyone near Wharton State Park (NJ), I am rolling through with about 5 jeeps on Saturday. We are meeting at the Atsion Ranger station at 10am. PM me if your interested in coming in your WK. (No way in hell you'll see mine there)

RiverCityWK 04-07-2010 06:51 PM

Anyone in VA looking to wheel?

075.7WK 04-14-2010 10:38 PM

I just registered and made reservations in Moab for Grand Slam West. It's the first weekend in June.