Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   NorthEast (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f112/)
-   -   So my house was invaded today . . . (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f112/so-my-house-was-invaded-today-8149.html)

pjs1965 04-02-2010 08:00 PM

So my house was invaded today . . .

by no less than 5 Jeep SRT8s. First Joe (crookster) showed up to school me in detailing the Jeep. We ran to Advanced Auto Parts and picked up some supplies and set to work on my Jeep.

First up engine bay! So it wasn't as bad as say Nathan's (!) but it sure does look so much better now. Joe has made me swear his secret . . . but WOW.

[must add engine pic!]

Next, wheels + tires.
Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner on the rims + a wheel brush for the inner rim. We used Bleach White on the tires to remove previous tire shine residue.

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...8/meg-1_au.jpg

By this time Nathan (Boom Boom) decided it was too nice to work and pinged me via BB. And while we waited for Nathan to arrive we washed the Jeep with Meguiar's Gold Class. So at this point, Ryan (Devssrt) pinged me too and the invite went out to him too. Nathan and Ryan arrived within minutes of each other. By this time, Joe was already 1/2 into his tutorial on claybar (using Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit).

While this was going on, Ryan tutored me on cleaning and polishing the exhaust tips. He used a Mother's PowerBall + Mothers Wheel polish (I think). WOW!

[need tip pic]

Once the clay smoothing process was complete, Joe started with the wax. He applied, I dried. Then the last step, NXT Tech Wax.

So my Jeep moved from the driveway and then Joe and Ryan shared the driveway to wash down and detail their Jeeps. Nathan did his at the curb. I ordered 2 pizza pies and I think there's maybe 1 beer left in my fridge in the garage :eek: but it was a fun day for sure.

At the end, Mike (kwick8) dropped by for a visit too. My wife was out most of the day but she came home to pick up some things before heading out and we could see her LOL-ing in the car as she tried to find a place to park.

Next time I'll have the 2nd hose connection setup so we can do more/faster ;)

I need to go snap some pics to fill in this post. I only grabbed like one or two as I was busy most of the day.

Oh and Joe destroyed my curb too!
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a.../curb-1_au.jpg

j/k

Megatron 04-02-2010 08:09 PM

Re: So my house was invaded today . . .

Nice guys!

ducks unlimited 04-02-2010 09:39 PM

nice!

Robert Palmer 04-02-2010 10:46 PM

Glad I could help out.

BTW- Thanks for the Bud Light. :D

Scottina06 04-02-2010 11:43 PM

contributing to the delinquency of minors......Peter...I would have never guessed! LOL

Motteler621 04-03-2010 01:43 AM

Peter was like the cool uncle to Joe, giving beers to him when hes underage,lol

ducks unlimited 04-03-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 181475)
contributing to the delinquency of minors......Peter...I would have never guessed! LOL

:lol:

Chuck 04-03-2010 08:15 AM

Sounds like you had a blast :thumbsup:

pjs1965 04-03-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 181475)

I'm a bad influence huh?
I'll have to step up my game next time and have a few strippers over too . . . :eek:

QBNKID 04-03-2010 08:30 AM

Sounds like you guys had a blast, but common Peter, let's see more pics.
I met Joe yesterday, i dropped off my wife's jeep at the dealer and he picked me up there to bring me back and he drove very careful, I was like WTF... now I know why :lol:

I will definitely get more pictures today. So nice out too! I was exhausted when everyone left I literally fell asleep on the couch for an hour before my wife woke me and ordered me to take a shower! LOL! I don't know how you do it for a living -- you must really love it. BTW, I'm buying a detailer's stool and an air compressor now~!

Too bad there isn't some place that could fit like 5-6 Jeeps . . . BYO stuff . . . wash/wax/detail like party . . . hmmmm . . . where can we find a good spot?

Scottina06 04-03-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjs1965 (Post 181544)
I'm a bad influence huh?
I'll have to step up my game next time and have a few strippers over too . . . :eek:

LOL:thumbsup:

DJ BoNiOmArIo 04-03-2010 02:07 PM

strippers and i'm in :D