Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Auto/ Lazy stuff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/auto-lazy-stuff-817.html)

NHWK05 06-21-2009 06:29 PM

Auto/ Lazy stuff

So I was just wondering who actually uses the automatic options and the convenience things that are built in to our jeeps?

I have my headlights set of A all the time.

I turn my wipers off normally but when its raining i use the "Rain Sense" auto option, (i really like this one, especially when its misty out on the hwy.)

I dont usually use the Auto climate controls, i like to determine where it vents and what temp its at. Some times i use the auto temp but ive never used the auto vent setting.

I LOVE the memory seat, this way i have my seat positions and radio settings and mirror location and then when my g/f drives it she can push the #2 button and everything is right where she likes it.

The heated seats are great for my bad back.

The only things i wish my jeep had were, Navigation, Back up camera and side curtain airbags.

I know that nav and backup camera can be added but i dont have $$ for that kind of luxury right now.

How about you guys?

Marlin 06-21-2009 06:56 PM

Re: Auto/ Lazy stuff

I don't have aoto headlights, and not sure if it was available over here. I'd sure like them though :(

I love the auto wiper function.

I love the seat memories, although other people rarely drive my Jeep.

I love the heated seat feature, very relaxing on longer journeys without causing tiredness.

The dual zone climate control is superb in its operation, I have it all set to auto, and its operation is barely detectable, which i think is exceelent.

Rrear park sensors are excellent, particularly useful when I'm attaching a trailer alone.

My navigation was excellent, but somehow seems to becoming more stupid as time goes by..... old age setting in?

Robert Palmer 06-21-2009 07:01 PM

I dont use my auto lights, auto windshield wipers, auto climate, and rear backup sensors.

I love:

The backup camera.

The navigation.

The memory seats.

NHWK05 06-21-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin (Post 19116)
My navigation was excellent, but somehow seems to becoming more stupid as time goes by..... old age setting in?

The dealership should have an up dated disc for you to put in for accurate info.

Marlin 06-21-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 19125)
The dealership should have an up dated disc for you to put in for accurate info.

The Oz spec version is different. Ours are mounted on the dashtop and are card-based, not incorporated in the DIN spot like you guys.
The dealer wants 300 odd bucks for an updarte card - I say fark off.

Scottina06 06-22-2009 12:58 AM

I used to like the uconnect untill I started getting calls from some Elvis impersonator. he uses dirty words my 4 yr old shouldnt hear.....LOL

Redsand 06-22-2009 01:40 AM

Im a big fan of the auto transmission, although sometimes I wish it were a stick :D

White WK Swagga 06-22-2009 05:57 AM

I love uconnect
GPS & Back up cam and park distance control sensors
auto headlights
heated seats (wish it was ventilated too)
Auto tilt mirror option (I don't know why they would disable this uption from factory)
Ipod integration
Rain sensor wipers
memory seats

Dislikes
Auto high beams
lack or cargo storage compartments
Suade inserts in the seats

Robert Palmer 06-22-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 19471)
I used to like the uconnect untill I started getting calls from some Elvis impersonator. he uses dirty words my 4 yr old shouldnt hear.....LOL

I'm sorry. :o

Scottina06 06-22-2009 11:17 AM

lol..........

Dylans3960ccs 06-22-2009 11:43 AM

I like:
the power seats
the lack of dual zone climate control
the power adjustable lumbar support
and auto diming mirrior
Oh and I forgot I love my automatic headlights

White WK Swagga 06-22-2009 11:56 AM

Yeah I don't like the dual zone climate. I wish the drivers side did all unless requested different by pass.