Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Member Product Reviews (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f62/)
-   -   Dupli-Color Caliper Paint. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f62/dupli-color-caliper-paint-8186.html)

TimmyB 04-03-2010 06:56 PM

Dupli-Color Caliper Paint.

I think I already wrote a review about this Dupli-color brush on caliper paint kit when I first used it last year. My review is still positive about it, only because of the amount of paint they give you in the kit. All four of my calipers were chipped and flaking after this winter. I still have about half of the paint left over from the original kit I bought, so I was able to just clean and sand the calipers down and paint them over. For the look, and the low cost of 16 bucks for the paint kit I think its worth it even if i have to repaint them every year. repainting them was easy, i didnt even have to mask off any areas because the flaking was all on the front face of the calipers. I'd keep using this kit, and I still have enough paint to do all four calipers another time if needed. They look brand new again.

Scottina06 04-03-2010 07:27 PM

Re: Dupli-Color Caliper Paint.

G2 FTW! Get G2 and do it one time

TimmyB 04-03-2010 07:46 PM

I havent used that G2 paint so I cannot comment on it. But if it works great and lasts without chipping and flaking I would of def tried it. Just wanted to let people know my experience with the Dulpi-color brush on kit, where it didnt last thru the winter but they give you enough paint to do them over at least 3 times. I think its because when I first applied the paint all I did was use brake cleaner on the calipers and wiped them down, then applied the paint with a brush directly on the calipers. I did use a wire brush to remove the heavey deposits, but nothing special. All last year I would just have to wash the painted calipers with a sponge and they looked brand new again, until the winter where I think all the road salt and maybe the temp differences had a role in the paint failing. I am kinda impressed that it actually held up so good, without using a primer on bare metal. I would buy this kit again and repaint my calipers every spring, gives me a reason to remove the wheels and clean everything anyways.

singhsane 04-04-2010 05:34 PM

Is G2 the brand?? I've used duplicolor in the past and havnt had any problems. 3 - 4 coats and its lasted a good 4 years through winter/regular washing

Scottina06 04-04-2010 06:55 PM

yes....G2 caliper paint...tons of color choices and its an epoxy. Very tough. One coat and thats it

TimmyB 04-05-2010 06:38 PM

Is G2 a spray on or brush on? I was going to use the VHT spray on paint, until I got lazy and didnt want to remove the calipers and mask everything off under there. The first time I used the Dupli-color brush on kit last year I did mask off the pads and rotors and did not remove the calipers. But this time I didnt have to mask anything off because the chipped paint was all along the front face of the calipers only, so it went really quick. But yes, I would def buy a paint that doesnt need touching up a year later after the winter. I still think it is because of the road salt and the temp differences during winter, having the calipers really cold then them heating up from using the brakes.

DAVY27 04-05-2010 06:51 PM

yep, i had to redo the spots that was flaking off with the duplicolor. not a big deal but i'm getting G2 when dupli runs out

Motteler621 04-05-2010 11:52 PM

i did the duplicolor spray can caliper paint. Its coming to a year in a few months and I dont see it flaking any time soon.

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-19-2010 09:04 PM

i just bought some black duplicolor caliper paint tonight. im gonna paint it this week when i do my brakes and suspension.

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-23-2010 12:50 AM

so i painted mine and they came out great! the black looks awesome with the silver thermoquiet pads behind them. they seriously give you enough paint to do all four about 20 times so i even let my brother use it for his corolla and my other brother for his explorer.

SvenskaJeepGuy 09-10-2012 11:02 PM

bringing this thread back to the top....... i picked up the duplicolor caliper paint kit at ollies today for $2.99 i got one in silver and one in blue. i couldnt decide what color i wanted i just know i dont want black anymore. so if anyone has an ollies near them i would pick this kit up ASAP. the store near me had black, silver, yellow and blue in stock for $2.99 each

HemiDawg 09-11-2012 11:27 AM

I have had red Dup caliper paint on mine for a few years now with no issues whatsoever. Seems like the chipping is related to those winters up north.