Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   wj alarm systems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/wj-alarm-systems-8195.html)

violant00 04-03-2010 08:54 PM

wj alarm systems

I'm kind of torn apart between alarm systems... clifford or viper? any suggestions?

nenejeepGC2005 04-03-2010 08:58 PM

Re: wj alarm systems

viper i had one on my o4

Chuck 04-03-2010 09:34 PM

I have Clifford. Basically anything made by DEI aka Directed Electronics is awesome. Viper and Clifford are both made by DEI by the way.

violant00 04-03-2010 09:38 PM

interesting... price range and type new model etc have anything to do with what i need want... i would like remote starter for instance

and i hear you have the catback magna flow on yur wj did you do it yourself or did you have a shop weld it on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 181893)
I have Clifford. Basically anything made by DEI aka Directed Electronics is awesome. Viper and Clifford are both made by DEI by the way.

Chuck 04-03-2010 10:20 PM

Yeah they have different models: some which have an LED light, LED Screen, Full color screen, remotes that reach a mile and this is before the add ons like tilt sensor, extra battery, extra blinking LED etc. I mean if all you want is remote start, just choose the basic Clifford security w/ remote start alarm I guess unless you want Viper. Sorry I can't help deciding between brands but both are very good.

In regards to the Magnaflow I had some body shop do it but they did a crappy job, I wouldn't suggest them :lol: but it did the job. Its a nice sounding catback for a 4.0 :thumbsup:

Big Perm 04-04-2010 09:09 AM

I've got the avital 5303 with some extra sensors and love it

josef15111 04-04-2010 03:31 PM

i have the viper 5701 with remote start and all the goodies, i have proxy sensor set up so you cant look in my windows with out it saying protected by viper stand back, the battery back up, an voice box module, i am getting the window module here soon so my windows will go up and down :)

Any ways anything DEI is nice i would say. and my 5701 i get a really nice reach with it working. i go to the store and i can check the temp in my car at the back of the store so the range is great.

are you going to install your self???

violant00 04-04-2010 04:12 PM

not sure if im skilled enough to put it in myself but ill read what i can and if i can do ill do it but most likely will have a shop do it
:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by josef15111 (Post 182222)
i have the viper 5701 with remote start and all the goodies, i have proxy sensor set up so you cant look in my windows with out it saying protected by viper stand back, the battery back up, an voice box module, i am getting the window module here soon so my windows will go up and down :)

Any ways anything DEI is nice i would say. and my 5701 i get a really nice reach with it working. i go to the store and i can check the temp in my car at the back of the store so the range is great.

are you going to install your self???

Chuck 04-04-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violant00 (Post 182250)
not sure if im skilled enough to put it in myself but ill read what i can and if i can do ill do it but most likely will have a shop do it
:cool:

Let me know what shop you go with and your experience, its tough finding a good reliable and no BS shop around here :cool:.

violant00 04-04-2010 07:47 PM

The police station takes their cars to a certain guy in long island city and he lets me buy the parts... theyll put it together and won't charge me certain "hours" of labor :). i'm gonna find out if they do welding

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 182278)
Let me know what shop you go with and your experience, its tough finding a good reliable and no BS shop around here :cool:.

Chuck 04-04-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violant00 (Post 182372)
The police station takes their cars to a certain guy in long island city and he lets me buy the parts... theyll put it together and won't charge me certain "hours" of labor :). i'm gonna find out if they do welding

Damn I wish I had hookups like that. I have to deal with BS artists known as audio shops and mechanics :lol:.

violant00 04-04-2010 08:10 PM

what radio system you got in your car now is it a touch screen or a faceplate? im back and forth with that :/ im leaning away the 7'' touch screen because i have an mplayer and my phone is a gps i can just hook them both up to an aux... sigh decisions decisions..:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 182381)
Damn I wish I had hookups like that. I have to deal with BS artists known as audio shops and mechanics :lol:.