Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   HID's (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/hids-820.html)

CatMan879 06-21-2009 06:46 PM

HID's
 
So i have aquired some HID's from a buddy of mine who pulled them out of his Prelude heres my questions WILL THEY WORK?????? i think i need to buy different bulbs for them which i was planning on doing i really like the 8000k look with the 3000k fogs which will come later but will it work and also what relays do i need and where can i find them thanks for the help guys.

Robert Palmer 06-21-2009 06:48 PM

Re: HID's
 
Please do not use 8000k.

What are the kits? 9006? H10?

CatMan879 06-21-2009 06:48 PM

Re: HID's
 
oh and before anyone start bashing me for the lights i like the 8000k look i dont give me sh*t for it

CatMan879 06-21-2009 06:48 PM

Re: HID's
 
damn too late im not sure i havent really looked at them there in the back of my jeep right now and im stuck on ym ship right now so tm ill bebale to look at them and get a better idea

DAVY27 06-21-2009 09:18 PM

Re: HID's
 
different kits color vary. I have 8000k on my lows with a very small tint of blue. It's alright but now i want the pure white look. Looking forward to those pics

Chaoul1 06-21-2009 09:20 PM

Re: HID's
 
6000k or 5000k or 4300k. I went with 8000k and they are OK but I'm switch back to 6000k

Scottina06 06-22-2009 12:21 AM

Re: HID's
 
I had 8000K's in my 06 lights and I really liked them. the 8000K xenondepot kits arent as purple as most

White WK Swagga 06-22-2009 04:36 AM

Re: HID's
 
Yeah I have the 5k lows and fogs xentec kit. there is a difference in color from the lows to the fogs. The fogs have less of a blue look to them. My lows are a lil too blue for my taste but I'm trying to get the phillips 4300k bulbs. I've heard those are the best in the business to have.

TimmyB 06-22-2009 06:46 PM

Re: HID's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoB879 (Post 19108)
So i have aquired some HID's from a buddy of mine who pulled them out of his Prelude heres my questions WILL THEY WORK?????? i think i need to buy different bulbs for them which i was planning on doing i really like the 8000k look with the 3000k fogs which will come later but will it work and also what relays do i need and where can i find them thanks for the help guys.

Well, not sure what you actually have with the info you gave. You do need a relay harness for a WK. The ones I have are the Xtreme kit from xenondepot which has the bulbs, ballasts and relay harnesses. If you dont already have the relay harnesses i believe you can get them pretty cheap on ebay. I'd look for frankie on here, I think he went thru the whole having to get relays for his.

As far as the 8000K, its all up to what you like, the color of them. I see pink HIDs everyday, must be like 1200K or sumthing which i'd never ever get. Keep in mind, the higher the K's the less light output they produce. i have 6500K lows with 6000K LED fogs and I personally love them. Slightly blue tint but not overwhelming.

Scottina06 06-22-2009 11:07 PM

Re: HID's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 19498)
Yeah I have the 5k lows and fogs xentec kit. there is a difference in color from the lows to the fogs. The fogs have less of a blue look to them. My lows are a lil too blue for my taste but I'm trying to get the phillips 4300k bulbs. I've heard those are the best in the business to have.

phillips doesnt make aftermarket HID bulbs,...ie 9006 you need. If you buy them they are not made by phillips...but rebased phillips bulbs. FYI

White WK Swagga 06-23-2009 05:16 AM

Re: HID's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 20428)
phillips doesnt make aftermarket HID bulbs,...ie 9006 you need. If you buy them they are not made by phillips...but rebased phillips bulbs. FYI

What??? Fabs told me they make phillips bulsb that will plug and play with the ballast from xentec. Is this not true??? :confused:

TimmyB 06-23-2009 06:05 PM

Re: HID's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 20509)
What??? Fabs told me they make phillips bulsb that will plug and play with the ballast from xentec. Is this not true??? :confused:


Yea, they "make" the philips 9006, as in take a philips bulb and pop it on a 9006 base. Google philips 9006 bulb and see what pops up. Its not hard to research anything useing google, info at ur fingertips.........


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community