Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Cant get comfortable. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/cant-get-comfortable-8212.html)

NHWK05 04-04-2010 10:11 AM

Cant get comfortable.

I am 5'11"

I have tried every seat position in my WK and i cant seem to find the best compromise between personal comfort and head room/vision.

I cant stand sitting with the seat tilted too far back. I like some back lean but in the WK it seems if its too far back i have to reach uncomfortably to grab the top of the steering wheel. If i sit straight up in my most comfortable position i find my head hitting the head liner and when driving i am looking out the wind shield between the A pillar and rear view mirror.

When i come to some stop lights i need to look forward and out the wind shield to see the light change.

Its like i am too freaking big for my jeep.

Besides the fact that i think the WK seats are much less them comfortable as compared to my WJ seats i had in my XJ.

I have the seat set as low as possible, as far back as comfortable, and reclined back as comfortable and i am just not comfortable.

How does anyone over 5'5" fit in these things?

I feel like i need to drive all gansta style to not hit my head and to see out the wind shield properly.

blackpepper 04-04-2010 10:16 AM

Re: Cant get comfortable.

I feel your pain.. I wish I could do a '94 ZJ pillow-top leather seat swap. I would be so happy. It doesn't help that the brake pedal is four inches in front of the gas pedal so your legs don't get comfortable either. These seats also do a good job at ****ing up your lower back.

Keep the seat as low as possible like you're doing but raise the front half of the seat a little and move the seat forward just a little.. see if that helps.

NHWK05 04-04-2010 10:18 AM

I tried that once before, maybe i will try it again.

I loved the pillow top seats my friends ZJ had. They were so comfy. I wish i could afford SRT8 seats but its not an option.

moose158 04-04-2010 11:04 AM

I'm 6'4 I lean the seat back some, but for the most part I can live with it. I have to lean down to see a stoplight if I'm first in line, but other that suburbans, I have to do that in any car I drive. My head doesn't quite hit the roofline, but most of my tallness is my long legs.. its taken me several months to get my seat right where I want it, alot of trial and error. I hate it with my girl takes it out because it takes me two days to get it back excactly were I like it.

Megatron 04-04-2010 11:27 AM

I'm 5'5... lol.

SoCalMoparWK 04-04-2010 12:30 PM

I'm 5'6". My recommendation for you giants is to amputate your legs. hahahah

DJ BoNiOmArIo 04-04-2010 12:42 PM

I'm 6'3" and trust me i have the same issues ... When I was getting my WK fixed the insurance company supplied me with a Chrysler 300C fully loaded with nice leather seats ... after sitting in those seasts the WK seats seems mere cheap plastic !!!

Scottina06 04-04-2010 03:36 PM

Im 6'6" and I have 0 problems

Frankie 04-04-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 182227)

Agreed...Im 6'5

NHWK05 04-04-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxSTUGOTSxox (Post 182228)
Agreed...Im 6'5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 182227)

Freaks.

J/K :p

Scottina06 04-04-2010 04:30 PM

buncha oompa loompas.......LOL

Frankie 04-04-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 182261)
buncha oompa loompas.......LOL

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: