Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   D/S rotor sound? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/d-s-rotor-sound-8250.html)

Relwarc 04-05-2010 08:34 AM

D/S rotor sound?

Are d/s rotors supposed to make any funny sounds?

Mine sound almos.... bubbly... like im driving through water.

I'm assuming because trapped air is heating and expanding under the pad and "popping" out the other side. But i was curious because with the windows down, its really obvious that i'm making a funny little noise when i drive around.

Chuck 04-05-2010 09:26 AM

Re: D/S rotor sound?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 182550)
Are d/s rotors supposed to make any funny sounds?

Mine sound almos.... bubbly... like im driving through water.

I'm assuming because trapped air is heating and expanding under the pad and "popping" out the other side. But i was curious because with the windows down, its really obvious that i'm making a funny little noise when i drive around.

I have just slotted rotors (R1 Concept premium Rotors w/ Hawk HPS pads), when I had my stock wheels they constantly squealed :mad:. Now that I put rims (heavier wheels/tires) everytime I come to a slow stop all I hear are constant (I mean continuous until Im stopped) mouse squeals :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: &*%$()%. aI'll be honest I didn't expect this at all. Its extremely embarrassing and annoying. Is there even a fix for this other than getting new rotors?

Relwarc 04-05-2010 09:30 AM

yeah mine isnt a squeak or squeal, its a quiet gurgle...

Chuck 04-05-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 182566)
yeah mine isnt a squeak or squeal, its a quiet gurgle...

Does it occur when you arrive to a slow stop? If so I have the same problem :smh:, mine gurgles when brakes are applied then squeals when Im slow and then arrive to stop. I'm really fed up :mad:

DJ BoNiOmArIo 04-05-2010 10:32 AM

thermoquite FTMFW !!! they don't squeal

but when I slow down my rotors make a sound against the pads because the pads are catching on the slots and drills more like a sweet sound of having those rotos but no squeaking ...

get some break cleaner and spray that whole bitch in there and let it dry by applying the brakes see if that helps ... if not then just switch ur pads to thermoquites and no more squeal ...

josef15111 04-06-2010 09:57 PM

yes the bubbling sound is normal with drilled rotors. LOL i say it sounds like locust. everyone that was in my jeep when i had the drilled were always asking me if i heard the noise. so yes the noise is there. the slots dont make any noise and i dont get the squeaking like some have said they get with the hawk pads.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 04-06-2010 09:58 PM

I love the noise !!!

my GF loves it too surprising enough she said that it sounds like a race car LOL

josef15111 04-06-2010 10:13 PM

:eek:LOL HAHAHAHHAHA

to funny wife said the same thing:p lmao.
NOW she just mashes the brakes and enjoys the supper nice breaking lol

the drilled ones we had didnt last but 6 months hope the slotted do better. lol:lol:

DJ BoNiOmArIo 04-06-2010 10:15 PM

LOL she does the same crap with mine, the other day I was on the passenger side nearly threw me out the window and she claimed there was a bunny LMAO !!!

05wkguy 04-06-2010 10:51 PM

The squealing is actually the pads vibrating at a very high rate. There are anti-squeal tricks you can do but the biggest is to get some hi-temp grease and coat the back side of the pads. You'll have to remove them but it should help alot.

NHWK05 04-09-2010 08:38 PM

I just ordered my full set of pads and rotors tonight and Steve at R1 concepts said the swishing ow what ever noise is 100% normal. BUT they are not supposed to squeak or squeal.

robpp 04-09-2010 10:24 PM

^^^^^^i have the r1 slotted/dimpled and they make a noise that I hear mostly in like parking lots. i would agree to call it 'gurgling' as someone else posted. but NOT ONE SQUEAK. I know i followed Hawk bedding procedure for my pads. always look it up as it different speeds for different compounds. I know the HPS and the Pro Ceramic were different bedding speed and such.

I have the Hawk Pro Ceramic.......