Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f136/)
-   -   HID's working, FINALLY !!!!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f136/hids-working-finally-8321.html)

Got5onIt 04-07-2010 07:22 AM

HID's working, FINALLY !!!!!!

I purchased a fairly cheap fog light kit from FleBay (~$70) and have battled flickering since day one. New ballasts, adding capacitors, new bulbs, etc., nothing remedied the flicker. After searching this forum along with the charger forum, I decided to take another gamble and go with what the popular FleaBay seller HIDgate had to offer. These were cheaper than the other kit, believe it or not.
I'm very happy to say these things work!!!!! The kit came with a relay harness and an anti-flicker harness(cap with neatly wired plugs) for no additional charge. I bought a 6000K lowbeam & fog light kit ($40 per kit). Ran the relay harnesses to my fogs & low beams, installed the anti-flicker harnesses on each bulb, mounted all ballasts, and to my amazement no flickering!!! I highly recommend this kit to anyone who's on the fence.
I had HID's on my CTS-V and sorely missed the greater visibility at night. Life is all good now!

Robert Palmer 04-07-2010 07:45 AM

Re: HID's working, FINALLY !!!!!!

Glad you got that worked out bro!

Scottina06 04-07-2010 08:03 AM

you didnt need the anti-flickering kit...the relay harnesses are all you needed on the WK. Good job anyway!

Got5onIt 04-07-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 184012)
you didnt need the anti-flickering kit...the relay harnesses are all you needed on the WK. Good job anyway!

I thought that was the case when I purchased the crappy ProMax kit. After fighting the flickering, I said the hell with it and installed them on this new setup. Some people on the charger forum seemed to be hit-or-miss when installing them without capacitors. Some install the cap at the relay or the caps at the bulbs themselves. Brings me peace of mind, if anything.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 04-07-2010 08:17 AM

you know without pix this is worthless right ??? LOL

Megatron 04-07-2010 08:39 AM

Just wondering.

Which brand did you buy?

White Chocolate 04-07-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got5onIt (Post 184017)
I thought that was the case when I purchased the crappy ProMax kit. After fighting the flickering, I said the hell with it and installed them on this new setup. Some people on the charger forum seemed to be hit-or-miss when installing them without capacitors. Some install the cap at the relay or the caps at the bulbs themselves. Brings me peace of mind, if anything.

You don't listen to those silly guys, listen to the Garage, we know our sh*t!! ;)

Got5onIt 04-07-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZY (Post 184041)
Just wondering.

Which brand did you buy?

Bought from seller HIDgate. 6000k kit with H10 bulbs for the fogs & 6000K kit 9006 bulbs for the low beams. $80 for both kits. Helluva deal, IMO.

Megatron 04-07-2010 08:51 AM

Whoa, almost as cheap as the DDM kit being sold. Thanks for the response.

White WK Swagga 04-07-2010 08:59 AM

Glad it worked out for ya!!!

Chaoul1 04-07-2010 08:59 AM

I bought from that guy HIDgate. Pretty good seller.

DAVY27 04-07-2010 11:03 AM

Pics!!!!!!