Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   How do i get in?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/how-do-i-get-in-8336.html)

nyjoed 04-07-2010 05:25 PM

How do i get in??

so i was pondering the idea of maybee shaving my door handles. what does everyone think about this idea?? maybee changing the way the 2 front doors open?? maybee all 4?? please chime in here.....

DJ BoNiOmArIo 04-07-2010 05:33 PM

Re: How do i get in??

sounds freaking sweet if you can have the suicide doors for the rears !!! with the shaved handles

hemi.jon 04-07-2010 05:35 PM

shaved handles would be nice, ive seen a couple of ways to get in, one is door pops on a key fob. or you can have a tap spot where the handle used to be, u tap the sensor and it pops the doors open, or there is a pad that can go on the glass, its clear, but u tap the corner of the window and it pops the door.

nyjoed 04-07-2010 05:42 PM

i would just do a fob popper i think. that glass thing sounds cool to. hey mario the suicide doors go up(like a lambo?) or just revrese??

hemi.jon 04-07-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyjoed (Post 184542)
i would just do a fob popper i think. that glass thing sounds cool to. hey mario the suicide doors go up(like a lambo?) or just revrese??

suicide is reverse opening. up would be lambo. delorian style would be gull wing.

personally im a fan of no doors, but i prefer them to open like normal im not big on suicides on most vehicles and the lambos just annoy me unless its on a lambo

nyjoed 04-07-2010 05:50 PM

i would go lambo or suicide. not sure. wont be for a while tho

Chaoul1 04-07-2010 06:05 PM

Lambo's should stay on Lambos. Just saying.

John_R 04-07-2010 06:10 PM

"suicide" doors, or any other types will cost $$$...As far as shaving handles, most of them use an internal solenoid triggered by your key fob...In case of electrical failure, many of them have a mechanical "button" on the bottom of the rocker panel (hidden) that pops up and triggers the mechanism inside. Howwever, those don't always work great, either, so you could be screwed sometimes :D

I personally don't like shaved handles for that reason, although they look cool....As a close option, how about some flush-mounted door handles from another vehicle?

As an example only, these type was the same I had on my GTO (oem on 04-06), that they are grafting to another car:

http://image.popularhotrodding.com/f...or_handles.jpg

May be too 'curvy' for the Jeep, so why I mention example only...next time you're out driving, check out some oem cars' handles...so many options!

ShortReactionTime 04-07-2010 08:40 PM

Lambos don't even use lambo doors anymore. All the lambo doors I've seen make getting in and out a pain.

I personally love suicide doors. I think that would look bad azz. It would be quite a task to take on though. Not sure how you would overcome interferance between the front and back doors.

Shaved door handles would certainly clean up the sides but I've heard of alot of people having problems with them as well.

White Chocolate 04-07-2010 08:46 PM

Lambo doors are so 2000

00wj 04-07-2010 08:52 PM

Shaved handels would be cool but maybe just keep the driver door just incase or do what John R said...
I think lambo doosr should only be put on 2 door cars but suicide doors might be cool

mrjaydeeone 04-09-2010 07:07 PM

another open without the door poppers, is to get the modules from DEI that will allow you to open windows with aftermarket alarm.