Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   i spoke to AJ from westbury jeep........ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/i-spoke-to-aj-from-westbury-jeep-8345.html)

rsone11 04-07-2010 07:57 PM

i spoke to AJ from westbury jeep........

So i went down to westbury jeep today and fnally spoke to aj at the hemi shop . And im scheduled to get on the all wheel drive dyno may1st . My quetion to you guys is i have a maganaflow exhaust mopar cai jet 180 stat and a diablo predator. Am i going to noticable gains once its dyno tuned and is it really worth the $. Hes charging me $525 for the dyno and the tune. ...........

Craig10114 04-07-2010 09:07 PM

Re: i spoke to AJ from westbury jeep........

just go with it. AJ is the man.

pjs1965 04-07-2010 10:44 PM

It will be noticeably better. I have his CMR tune and I love it. I can only imagine dialing it in on a dyno! The big difference you'll feel is when he can dial in the fuel trims based on your mods. I've seen him dyno several vehicles, really good stuff.

blackpepper 04-07-2010 11:04 PM

I paid $190 for five pulls on the dyno w/ a CMR tune.. you will notice a difference for SURE

rsone11 04-08-2010 03:19 AM

Ok sounds like its a go for May 1st ill let u guys know how it is ... Thanks

rsone11 04-08-2010 05:54 AM

I'm also debating on doing headers but since they don't make them for the 5.7 they have to be custom made .... So if I decide before the dyno day to do the headers then I will have to rescedule because then it would be a waste of $ to get it dynoed before the headers and then again after

blackpepper 04-08-2010 10:02 AM

Yeah.. if you're adding headers.. wait on the dyno b/c it'll cost you another $500 to get it re-tuned.

FlyinRyan 04-09-2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjs1965 (Post 184849)
It will be noticeably better. I have his CMR tune and I love it. I can only imagine dialing it in on a dyno! The big difference you'll feel is when he can dial in the fuel trims based on your mods. I've seen him dyno several vehicles, really good stuff.

I dont understand what the significance of 0'ing out the fuel trims/adaptives is aside from making it easier to make WOT fueling changes without the PCM fighting it. I also understand that if the fuel trims are near 0 there will be less surging/bogging issues under part throttle. But on a stock motor with bolt-ons this should not be an issue with any competent tuner???

edit: Having a tune is definitely nice.