Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Diablo Predator is pissing me off (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/diablo-predator-is-pissing-me-off-8387.html)

Black Betty 04-08-2010 10:32 PM

Diablo Predator is pissing me off

So I bought Stugots tuner and rails, which I have been drooling to get. Anyways I had to take care of some things and get back tonight to tune Black Betty up. Well it says I need an update. Okay I don't mind. Well I download every damn update , downloader and everything that applies. I'm running windows 7 64 bit and this thing still isn't showing my USB driver. I'm not mad at Stugots or anything, I'm just about to blow this damn thing a couple .40 holes if I can't get it to work. Someone please help me.

blackpepper 04-08-2010 10:35 PM

Re: Diablo Predator is pissing me off

Call Diablo in the morning if you've been following the directions to no avail.

Black Betty 04-08-2010 10:42 PM

Yeah they're definately getting one first thing when I get up at the crack of noon.

maxst2 04-08-2010 11:24 PM

lol crack of noon... sounds like me at the moment. :S

Black Betty 04-08-2010 11:32 PM

Yeah well I'm just a nightowl due to my work. But yeah I'm getting frustrated because now I've tried it on my girl's laptop and still the same thing. I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd but I'd say that I know how to get around on a computer. Maybe I'm just not doing something right. Oh well I guess I'll have the Diablo gurus walk me through it.

blackpepper 04-08-2010 11:35 PM

Best of luck.

Black Betty 04-08-2010 11:39 PM

Do you mean that in general or is there something I need to know about Diablo's support hotline?

blackpepper 04-08-2010 11:52 PM

LOL no, in general. I've never had to call them.

maxst2 04-09-2010 12:05 AM

Yeah I hear you man.. Im 2nd shift so i wont usually get to bed will 2-3am... tonight I have a emergency repair work scheduled and im hoping that isnt 2 hours long that its setup to be!

Only thing that I can say is to get ccleaner... its a temp file and reg cleaning tool. uninstall all diablo items and run that cleaner... reboot.. then look in program files and make sure its all gone.... then run the temp and reg cleaner in ccleaner again for good measure.

Then go through it step by step making sure your getting a version for win 7 64bit. etc.

Escape 04-09-2010 02:04 AM

Try xp or vista 32 bit. I have had success with both. I have not tried nor do I have Win7.

Black Betty 04-09-2010 02:15 AM

Yeah Ill be curious to see what the end mean will be. I'm hoping that it'll be an error on my part seein how I tried on both my computer which is a month old and my girls semi old laptop. We shall see what Diablo says later on today. Just curious has anyone else here ran into this issue before?

Rich 04-09-2010 05:39 AM

The issue is drivers for the USB to COM adapter version you have. I gave up trying on win7x64. You best options are find an XP machine or a PC with a COM port your old one maybe? XP the adapter/driver combo will work. The older PC with a com port is the easyest way out. Good Luck in general