Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   WK seats = JUNK! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/wk-seats-junk-8448.html)

wkxj 04-11-2010 09:08 AM

WK seats = JUNK!

Just got back from FLA (thanks again Matt!) and I'm in pain! I can't get the least bit comfortable while driving the thing. I feel like I have a hip pointer on the right side. Anyone else have the same issue? I think I want to put some XJ seats in there, I can drive all day in my other jeep.

i0r15 04-11-2010 09:18 AM

Re: WK seats = JUNK!

I think quite the opposite. I love my WK seats. I pull at least one 500 mile trip each month and I'm so comfy. Add some massage fingers in there and I'm in heaven :D

Matt 04-11-2010 09:46 AM

I'm right there with ya Jerry! I can't stand the seats in our WK's. I feel like they are packed with bricks, not foam. Probably my biggest gripe with the WK.

AcidCold 04-11-2010 10:00 AM

Get some SRT-8 seats and you will love the WK all over again!

jeepnjeep 04-11-2010 10:16 AM

The seat cushion is kinda hard but I don't find it that bad. I haven't taken a real long drive in it though. I really like your XJ in the pic! Very nice!

USN_BlackWK 04-11-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidCold (Post 186884)
Get some SRT-8 seats and you will love the WK all over again!

Agreed! I didn't believe there was that much difference until I got an S-Limited with the seats (same as the SRT8 minus the embroidery). If you can find some, I highly recommend them!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...d/DSC_1818.jpg

suzieque 04-11-2010 12:11 PM

I bought a gel cushion from a local automotive store. It made a huge difference. I can now sit in the seat for more than 2 hours without pain.

wkxj 04-11-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieque (Post 186959)
I bought a gel cushion from a local automotive store. It made a huge difference. I can now sit in the seat for more than 2 hours without pain.

I did over 15 yesterday! Got a pic of said cushion? Might have to give it a go.

JeepnJeep, Thanks! that's my DD when it's not motorcycle weather here in MI. Might sell off the bumper one of these days and get a new one from JCR offroad.

1 GRAND 04-11-2010 06:36 PM

My Overland seats are not half as comfortable as my 1994 or 2000 GC Limited seats was.

John_R 04-11-2010 06:39 PM

You bastages getting the SRT seats in the S package :D I'm glad to see they're available w/o the logo, in case I ever get rolling in cash and can replace mine.

I think the WK seats are pretty comfortable, but much 'cheaper' looking (up close) and feeling than the older ones and esp the 5.9 seats I had; loved that leather. I came from an 06 GTO and those seats were really nice but hugged you so much that my back would sweat too easy...I hope these ones breathe easier (hasn't been too hot yet, thankfully).

Anyway, I only commute in this so far (55 miles a day in traffic) and can't complain about the comfort. Only thing I don't like are the small floormats (easy fix) and no "cover" on the dumb pedal, so concerned about carpet wear there...and on the driver's left bottom bolster, seems there is something under there that is causing a funny looking rib, if that makes sense...I'm not that fat, lol, so I don't know WTH.

Scottina06 04-11-2010 07:39 PM

Ive had the SRT seats for 3 years. Very comfy seats.....warm on thee butt in the winter btoo. The side support(bolster) is what I like the best.

NHWK05 04-11-2010 07:47 PM

I have an 05 WK Limited with heated leather and lower back support, Not only do i hate these seats but i wish i still had the leather WJ seats that i had in my XJ.

Id love to get SRT seats but they are just too damn much money.

My mother in law just got a '10 ram 1500 with cloth seats and they are 10x more comfortable then these crappy wk seats.

Not to mention that the dorr side of the bottom part of the seat in the vinyl trim of the seat is starting to crack.