Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Rear Seat Entertainment Question?

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  srtwannabe 
#1 ·
Does the front display also show the blueray player signal, when car is not moving, or just the rear seat displays?

#14 ·
Fist issue with my 15 Summit. Passenger side rear screen not working. Seems to be a wiring issue under the passenger seat. When I move the seat forward and back things happen. Fan control will show on display. Passenger screen will constant boot. Driver side screen works but the blueray player will reboot when I move the passenger seat.

I've checked the plugs and don't see anything wrong. They are plugged in and locked into position.

#15 · (Edited)
Is anyone else's system a little underwhelming in the picture quality department? Doesn't seem to be a lot of point in having blu-ray player vs. a regular DVD player when the picture is a little noisy to begin with...the front screen is even fairly noisy when displaying the rear controls using the "rear media" button.

It just looks like a full analog signal like an old VCR, rather than a crip digital image like the usual UConnect screens like radio, climate, Nav, etc.

Is everyone else's system showing a crisp, digital-like picture on the rear screens, and especially on the front screen when "rear media" is selected?

I also noted that the "full screen" button in the lower right of the front screen when not in the "rear media" menu doesn't seem to do anything on mine, almost like the button is pointless.

Just curious if all this behavior is normal, since it's not that easy to track down another vehicle with the system to check it against...before I take it in to have it looked at for the graininess/noise.

EDIT: The noise I'm describing basically looks line interlacing...

#16 · (Edited)
The quality of the video is definitely not on par with the crispness of the menus, on mine as well. When the rear media menu is displayed it is especially grainy almost analog looking. The full screen button should display the video from whatever source is playing, if the right source is selected, and the vehicle is parked. Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.