Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Power Wire (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/power-wire-8496.html)

99limited 04-12-2010 07:58 PM

Power Wire

So i picked up a sub/amp combo from a friend (2 12'' JBLs and a 350 watt RF amp). He bought 4 of them as a package deal from a yard sale and is not using the other 2. He has them wired up to a 400w jensen amp and they hit HARD. Soipicked up a wiring kit and the power wire has a large inline fuse holder. so heres my question; do i need to keep the fuse and the fuse holder close to the battery or can i have it closer to the amp so it will be easier for me tp feed the wire through the firewall..also where the hell can i run this power wire?

thanks guys

Matt 04-12-2010 08:58 PM

Re: Power Wire

Keep the fuse near the battery - don't deviate from that.

Within 12 inches.

99limited 04-12-2010 09:22 PM

ok thanks matt..i guess once i find where to run it i can just start from the outside and thread it through so i dont have to move it

Matt 04-12-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99limited (Post 188052)
ok thanks matt..i guess once i find where to run it i can just start from the outside and thread it through so i dont have to move it

Yeah, it should be easier that way anyways.

You can always remove the fuse holder though.

99limited 04-12-2010 09:34 PM

yeah thats true i will cross that bridge when i come to it. first gotta figure out where to run it

White Chocolate 04-22-2010 05:26 PM

Thata boy, finally got a stereo! :pics:

mrjaydeeone 04-22-2010 06:07 PM

It's very easy to run the power wire for in the WJ. I did it in no time a few weeks ago. Unfortunately no pics to show. Leave wire by the battery, cut the wire and put fuse holder then attach wire to other side of it, run wire along the passenger side by the fender in the engine bay and then run along the back. I used zip ties now and then to keep it from hanging down. There is a rubber boot with other wires running into it, puncture a hole large enough for your power wire, push it through, look underdash and you will see where it comes through. Remove the door sill in front and back on drivers side, feed wire behind kick panel and then run under the door sills. I know some people have their power wire come out in the cargo area, I had mine come up under the back seat. Also you should run the remote wire along with the power wire to the back for the amplifier. Along passenger side remove door sills and run the rcas from the headunit along that side. I also had those come out under back seat. I grounded the amp to a bolt under the back seat. Connect power wire at battery. Make sure you have fuse in fuse holder. And Voila.

99limited 04-22-2010 10:54 PM

kyle i have a rent a stereo..funny story, the amp was originally mine but sold it to a coworker, he wanted to sell me a pair of subs and i agreed if he threw the amp in too cuz he wasnt using it. so i got the amp all hooked up with my old wiring kit and waited..and waited...and waited for this guy so i said **** u but kept the amp..so i asked another friend if he knew anyone with subs for sale, he said he had a extra pair of mtxs i could roll around with but he didnt know if he wanted to sell them. so until they want some money, this stereo is FREE except for the $37 wiring kit hahaha