Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   i want to take apart my headlights (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/i-want-to-take-apart-my-headlights-8591.html)

GR33N D3M0N 04-15-2010 06:03 PM

i want to take apart my headlights

soo i want to take apart my headlights....but i want an easy way to access them just incase i ever needed to take them apart again....i was thinking that once i took them apart, i could rig something to them like the clips on the stock airbox...if anyone catches my drift....do you all think this would be possible....it works in theory...all i need is a rubber gasket thats air/watertight and ill be good right?? let me know what u all think

jcostri09 04-15-2010 06:21 PM

Re: i want to take apart my headlights

I think it would take way more fabrication than its worth...the way the pieces sit together is not an easy area to mess with

GR33N D3M0N 04-15-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcostri09 (Post 190185)
I think it would take way more fabrication than its worth...the way the pieces sit together is not an easy area to mess with

ya....im just too lazy to have to take it apart twice lol....it was just an idea tho

Chaoul1 04-15-2010 07:42 PM

If you can make it why not? Go for it.

GR33N D3M0N 04-15-2010 07:55 PM

i wouldnt know what to use to seal it....but i could try and figure something out....anybody want to give up an unused headlight so i can figure it out? lol

Chaoul1 04-15-2010 08:06 PM

Just have a pair of Back-Up headlights. I'm going to do that in about a month or so. I'm painting mine to color match the paint or going with black.

If you have clips to it wouldn't it be in the way of the Headerpanel, etc? It wouldn't fit correctly.

GR33N D3M0N 04-15-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 190244)
Just have a pair of Back-Up headlights. I'm going to do that in about a month or so. I'm painting mine to color match the paint or going with black.

If you have clips to it wouldn't it be in the way of the Headerpanel, etc? It wouldn't fit correctly.

is that the cover that hides the wires? if so...ya, and it would get in the way of the bumper...so its not a good idea...o well lol:)

JDubya 04-17-2010 03:42 PM

There are some clips already on the housing but I wouldn't trust solely those. Do you know where to get the kind of clips on the airbox? You have to drill into the lens or epoxy that part of the clip onto the lens. What if the epoxy fails? It'd suck to lose a lens while driving...

It's doable but I'd seal them up properly. Once you open them up and remove the old glue, use butyl rubber to reseal them. That way reopening them is simple, just warm them up and pull apart.

GR33N D3M0N 04-17-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDubya (Post 191262)
There are some clips already on the housing but I wouldn't trust solely those. Do you know where to get the kind of clips on the airbox? You have to drill into the lens or epoxy that part of the clip onto the lens. What if the epoxy fails? It'd suck to lose a lens while driving...

It's doable but I'd seal them up properly. Once you open them up and remove the old glue, use butyl rubber to reseal them. That way reopening them is simple, just warm them up and pull apart.

ya...that makes sense....thanks for ur help everybody