Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   First time poster's first mods and questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/first-time-posters-first-mods-and-questions-8759.html)

cncannone 04-21-2010 10:55 AM

First time poster's first mods and questions

Hey guys, new to the site and all the info on here is legit. It's awesome being able to go to ONE site and having everything you need to know at your finger tips. After looking on the site I decided the first thing I was going to change on my '08 is swapping out the factory interior bulbs with LEDs. I ordered them online and they were delivered today, I'm hoping to get them installed tonight with pictures to follow.

My question is where do I go from here? I like the idea of working on the body/exterior as well as performance modifications but my only concerns are that I do a lot of driving in Boston and anyone who knows Boston knows that it's alot of narrow streets and bad drivers. I've been lucky so far to only have to replace a license plate bracket but I'm just worried that I'll put a ton of time and money into the exterior of my jeep only to have it end up with dents and scratches all over it. And my concern with performance mods is that the $$$$ adds up quickly.

That said I really want to focus on the interior or focus on stuff for the exterior that won't break the bank.

Any input is appreciated and I'll update later with pics of the LED.

DAVY27 04-21-2010 11:08 AM

Re: First time poster's first mods and questions

Welcome to JeepGarage! ill say HID's for the lows and fog lights. If you're into tinted tails, we have a vendor( Daniel)here that does amazing work.

White WK Swagga 04-21-2010 11:08 AM

Hmmm I have a 3.7 also. As far as performance I haven't done anything to engine except K&N drop in filter which IMO doesn't have much of a noticeable difference. I just started doing some suspension mods. I installed SRT sway bars which you can find from $100-$175 depending on the condition. I also have SRT springs which will drop the jeeep about an inch. But from what I've heard Bilstein shocks are the way to go. Your jeep will drive like a whole different car. Other than that you can do tint windows, tail lights (around $50-$75), HID [one of my fav mods(APROX $100-$180 depending on what brand)] and other stuff. I'm sure others will chime in with ideas...

Welcome to the Garage BTW!!!

08Hemi 04-21-2010 12:01 PM

HID's for sure! Great for driving and look awesome! East install too...a simple exterior mod is de-badging...doesnt cost anything and IMO cleans up the WK

cncannone 04-21-2010 12:37 PM

I guess I should had mentioned that I already switched over to HID lows and reverse lights haha sorry about that.

What's really involved in a drop or lift kit? It just seems like I started looking over the The complete (05-09) WK Grand Cherokee suspension thread last night and it looks like that's definitely something I'd be interested in. In that thread a lot of people throw around a lot opinions so it may just take some time to sort through.

I like that if I drop or lift the Jeep my time and effort won't be for naught when someone backs in to me or bumps me because they don't know how to parallel park. Which has happened twice. Once I was standing fifteen feet away at the door to my girlfriend's apartment and watched (in slow motions?) while the flaky little dude in his VW Cabrio (not a joke) just kept backing up, and backing up, and...

Scottina06 04-21-2010 12:49 PM

I would go with the SRT front/rear sways, WK Eibach or H&R springs and a new set of Viper or SRT replicas....that should get the ball rolling....LOL

B.P.O.D 04-21-2010 02:03 PM

welcome to the garage fellow 3.7 jeeper

White WK Swagga 04-21-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 193659)
I would go with the SRT front/rear sways, WK Eibach or H&R springs and a new set of Viper or SRT replicas....that should get the ball rolling....LOL

X2!!! 22" vipers look SICK!!! I'm not a fan of lifting BTW... LOL

cncannone 04-22-2010 06:18 AM

So no pics from last night. Unfortunately the map lights weren't the right ones and the screwdriver I had didn't fit to take the lift gate panel off for the cargo area light. I did get the footwells and the rear courtesy lights in though and they look really good. Ordered the right map lights and a glove box light last night so I'll get those in this weekend hopefully.

Megatron 04-22-2010 09:56 AM

Welcome fellow 3.7 brother.

White Chocolate 04-22-2010 05:33 PM

Welcome to JeepGarage!!!

mrjaydeeone 04-22-2010 05:55 PM

Welcome to JeepGarage|