Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   fun week for my jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/fun-week-for-my-jeep-8798.html)

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-22-2010 03:59 PM

fun week for my jeep

this is going to be a "fun" week for my jeep. i just got my front and rear srt sways in the mail. i am expecting my bwoody sway links in the mail tomorrow. i also bought side skirts and a front lip from scott. i will be chaging the brake pads and painting the calipers black. it will feel like a new car!

Scottina06 04-22-2010 04:03 PM

Re: fun week for my jeep

congrats bro....now you needs some replicas!!!!!!!

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-22-2010 04:07 PM

if i didnt just drop $600 on tires i would have got them lol

B.P.O.D 04-23-2010 02:22 PM

wowow bro that's a lot of mods in 1 day!!! def take pics of all the install!!! i might be in pa on sunday

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-24-2010 08:29 PM

everything is done, the front sway bar bracket was a PITA to get back on the pass side. also the front srt bar bushings would not work with the stock bracket so i had to use my existing bushings. it rides a millions times better now and it looks great with the skirts and lip on it. i will post some pics after i get it washed lol

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-24-2010 08:37 PM

btw....... it was sick how quick i got my lip and side skirts from scott! i think it was like one business day.......... thanks sooooo much!

HemiDawg 04-24-2010 08:53 PM

Looks like you and I had the same idea as you today - having rain all day made it easy since I couldn't do any yard work. I got done today:

1.) AFE stage 2 CAI installed
2.) Brake calipers painted red
3.) Gorilla lock lugs installed - all 20
4.) HID fogs installed
5.) Rear hatch debadged (partially)

Tried to install the Magnaflow cat-back, but I don;t have a flange post muffler like the instructions stated, so I will have to cut the factory system out. Was running out of time, so that will hopefully be done tomorrow.

Definitely will be doing the sway bars in the near future. What is the advantage of doing the sway links??

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-24-2010 09:16 PM

the sway links tighten it up big time, even more when combined with the srt sway bars. it drives like it is on rails now.

Scottina06 04-24-2010 09:40 PM

lookin' forward to the pics bro!

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-24-2010 10:57 PM

just an FYI......... i guess bwoody changed the bolt for the sway links. the new one is terrible, i had to go buy a 5/16 allen tool to get them to go on. they are not just regular bolts like in the past. it is really difficult to torque these new bolts.