Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/)
-   -   stock infinity amp useable? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/stock-infinity-amp-useable-8834.html)

02 WJ 4.7 V8 04-23-2010 09:36 PM

stock infinity amp useable?

hey guys i was wondering if anyone has ever put in an after market sound system and still used the factory infinity amp because i dont believe my factory amp is working with my new system bc it never gets hot but i was wondering if there is an easy way of doing this or should i just take it out and sell it?

dhillon09 04-23-2010 09:55 PM

Re: stock infinity amp useable?

It's not such a great amp. If you got the money to replace it, by all means do so. If you must stick with it, remember it runs @ 2ohm resistance so buy speakers accordingly. 4ohm speakers will also work, but you'll get a bit more power with 2ohm.

The infinity reference line is 2 ohm

02 WJ 4.7 V8 04-24-2010 08:22 PM

thanks man

dhillon09 04-24-2010 11:40 PM

No prob. What was the problem you were noticing with your speakers anyways?

The front tweeters blow, if you wanna fix 'em on the cheap just order replacement tweeters from jeeptweeters, I have a pair and the crackling from the front speakers are gone, I'm not a major audiophile and it's ok for me.

02 WJ 4.7 V8 04-25-2010 04:33 PM

actually they did blow because my dumb cousin blasted the stock radio before i put in a new head unit and all in but i didnt care much my brother had 3.5" rockford speakers laying around that he wasnt goin to use on his 05 but i had to custom fit them since they were an inch bigger then the stock and plus i reused the old clips since they wired instead of built in clips

Kpurintun 05-04-2010 01:09 PM

replacing my front pass. tweeter turned into replacing all my speakers and adding a JL 300/4 and a JL clean sweep DSP. didn't see that coming. bout a grand by the time the dust settled.

Kyle

02 WJ 4.7 V8 05-04-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpurintun (Post 201313)
replacing my front pass. tweeter turned into replacing all my speakers and adding a JL 300/4 and a JL clean sweep DSP. didn't see that coming. bout a grand by the time the dust settled.

Kyle

haha yea by the time i was done i spent about 500 bc i got my head unit,amp,subs,and wiring for all free because it was my brothers old ones i was so happy i didnt have to spend to much on the system but i did buy 4 alpine speakers for the front and rear and i had to buy the installtion kit antenna adapter and the factory to after market clips

Kpurintun 05-04-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02 WJ 4.7 V8 (Post 201501)
haha yea by the time i was done i spent about 500 bc i got my head unit,amp,subs,and wiring for all free because it was my brothers old ones i was so happy i didnt have to spend to much on the system but i did buy 4 alpine speakers for the front and rear and i had to buy the installtion kit antenna adapter and the factory to after market clips

I am definately happy with the results though..

02 WJ 4.7 V8 05-05-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpurintun (Post 201652)
I am definately happy with the results though..

i bet