Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1999 JGCL running break lights not working

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Frango100 
#1 ·
I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and my night time running brake lights and third light won't turn on. When I press on the brake the two bottoms ones turn on, but when I release it they don't dim back down they just turn off.

I have checked my connections, fuses and bulbs (bulbs are brand new and were working a few days ago when I put them in, and are the correct bulbs)

Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

#2 ·
Welcome to the garage.
Many times the problem are the light sockets. Try to bend the small copper tabs out a little bit. For the third brake light, if the light bulb is ok (check with ohm meter), i would check with a voltmeter to see if voltage is available at the socket when braking. If it is, then check the ground side with an ohm meter.

#4 ·
I will have to check which brand it is, but since im in Brazil, i wonder if you could get the same ones. There is a vendor on here who gives discount, have a look in the vendor section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.