Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/)
-   -   SRT Turbo (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/srt-turbo-8852.html)

SRTDZGN 04-24-2010 08:34 PM

SRT Turbo
 
Found this on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
For all you 6.1 guys, seems like a good deal to me.

Mike_Levy 04-25-2010 12:19 AM

Re: SRT Turbo
 
I will be bidding on that. Its will take alot of knowledge to make it work, which is probably why nobody bid on it.

I wish you hadn't posted it and gotten me possible competition. :(

SRTDZGN 04-25-2010 12:21 AM

Re: SRT Turbo
 
Sorry, just trying to help out JG memebers.:(

Black Ops Auto Works 04-25-2010 03:51 PM

Re: SRT Turbo
 
I would of bid on it but when I called they new little about it just the size of the turbo.
I consider myself quite crafty and have bought kits like that before. I can't bring myself to bit on it however. Without knowing the make of the turbo I don't see it being worth it. If the turbo's broke or a cheap brand your bidding on a 1k piping kit. You can get a piping kit brand new for 800 somewhere else. I'd rather spend 800 on piping and piece it together that way at least I know what I have when I'm done.

Mike_Levy 04-25-2010 04:30 PM

Re: SRT Turbo
 
Its a Turbonetics T70. Thats all they were able to tell me. I have a PM into the other place about the piping kit, but haven't heard back. I can get T70s all day long for $178, so that was how I wanted to go too. Maybe he'll repond before I snipe this kit at the end. ;)

Black Ops Auto Works 04-25-2010 04:42 PM

Re: SRT Turbo
 
Cool Mike they couldn't even tell me that and I asked too. I like Turbonetics. That's defiantly a plus.
Something else I can't get by is I'm trying to put that kit together in my head and it seems like it's missing a piece or two. I'm sure I'm wrong but if I'm not!!!

The vendor on here Northcoat turbo systems or something like that said he can sell a piping kit for their setup for 800. plus if you can get a T70 for $178.00 for $978.00. All you will need is an intercooler, Blowoff, Wastegate, Fuel setup and Injectors witch you still need with this kit. sure it's over 1k but it's all new.
O.K. those are all the reasons I can't bring myself to it. Oh one more thing it looks like their is a silicone tube from the back to the front intercooler Not too sure if that's good or bad. I think I'd rather have it all Aluminum.

What's your thoughts Mike?

Escape 04-25-2010 07:59 PM

Re: SRT Turbo
 
If you really want to turbocharge your HEMI you should just contact North Coast Turbo Systems for a proven well developed system that has all the best parts, customer support that is second to none, comes with warranty and I know he has 2 complete kits for the 6.1 ready to go just waiting for a buyer!

I searched and called everyone for over 2 yrs while planning my F/I build and NCTS is the way to go. Heck my Jeep was the one the 5.7 system was prototyped on and I don't let just anyone work on my Jeep. The only people to ever turn a wrench on it have been NCTS, SharaDon and myself.

Knightrider03m 04-25-2010 08:09 PM

Re: SRT Turbo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Escape (Post 196023)
If you really want to turbocharge your HEMI you should just contact North Coast Turbo Systems for a proven well developed system that has all the best parts, customer support that is second to none, comes with warranty and I know he has 2 complete kits for the 6.1 ready to go just waiting for a buyer!

I searched and called everyone for over 2 yrs while planning my F/I build and NCTS is the way to go. Heck my Jeep was the one the 5.7 system was prototyped on and I don't let just anyone work on my Jeep. The only people to ever turn a wrench on it have been NCTS, SharaDon and myself.

What is your track times with the T/C

Mike_Levy 04-26-2010 01:26 AM

Re: SRT Turbo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Odvious (Post 195892)
Cool Mike they couldn't even tell me that and I asked too. I like Turbonetics. That's defiantly a plus.
Something else I can't get by is I'm trying to put that kit together in my head and it seems like it's missing a piece or two. I'm sure I'm wrong but if I'm not!!!

What's your thoughts Mike?

Its definetly missing a few things. Theres not enough piping there to get you to the back and then back to the front. I'm also not seeing the oil lines, or any sort of vacuum manifold.

The biggest problem I have with the NCTS setup is that they don't have any sort of provision for an intercooler. They use methanol injection instead. I have a problem with that. I won't spray meth into my motor. Wouldn't when I had a stock supercharger on my GTP and won't now. IMO, with a turbo, you need a good front mount air to air intercooler.

Black Ops Auto Works 04-26-2010 08:09 AM

Re: SRT Turbo
 
I did know know that about the NCTS intercooler. That's something I'm really not interested in. Thanks for adding that. It's just a small but of info.

Escape 04-26-2010 09:48 AM

Re: SRT Turbo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_Levy (Post 196210)
The biggest problem I have with the NCTS setup is that they don't have any sort of provision for an intercooler. They use methanol injection instead. I have a problem with that. I won't spray meth into my motor. Wouldn't when I had a stock supercharger on my GTP and won't now. IMO, with a turbo, you need a good front mount air to air intercooler.

If your that dead set on an air to air front mount have one plumbed in.

I don't know why people think Meth injection is the boogy man. What exactly is your problem with it?

Here are some of the advantages of Meth:

Meth provides a cooler intake charge vs standard intercooling.

Meth provided a octane boost, standard intercooling does not.

Meth will quench the cylinder and piston, slow the flame front and reduce knock by preventing preignition of your unburnt fuel at wot, standard intercooling does not.

Meth uses a jet injection nozzel vs a large volume intercooler that will cause your air charge to expand (pressure/efficiency loss) and then re-pressurize back into the intake piping (more pressure and efficiency loss).

No heat soak with Meth.

Meth is not dependent on outside air temps.

Meth is not dependent on the air flow over your intercooler (how fast your going) Meth is there as soon as your into boost.

And there are many other benefits of a proper Meth setup.

Before anyone asks what if the system fails. There are many safety features that are in the system and there to protect your engine and just like any other high hp setup maintenance and tuning is key.

In the end it's everyone choice but Meth does have it's advantages when used properly and safely.

Mike_Levy 04-26-2010 05:34 PM

Re: SRT Turbo
 
I'm just squeemish about spraying a liquid into my motor. I'm the same way with nitrous.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community