Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

NGK G-Power platnium

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SoCalMoparWK 
#1 ·
*****Disclaimer: My WJ is not stock. I have a tuner, intake and exhaust that may affect this review.

So I have seen a lot of debate over spark plugs with the 4.7L. I re-gap my plugs or change them every 25k or so. I couldn't decide if I wanted to keep with the champion's or not. I figured I'd try something new. I went with the NGK G-Power (Single Platnium) for my 02 wj.

Upon taking my plugs out they looked great, but the gap had grew to about .045. I didn't NEED to change them, but I did anyway. They were all correctly gapped from the factory, and yes I checked.

Right off the bat it seemed to run a bit smoother, and I liked that! I now have about 1k miles on them and my gas mileage has went up by 2mpg!! I was shocked. This is the best mileage I have ever had with the WJ since I started adding tons of weight to it.

I would def recommend to anyone that can't decide what plugs to go with.

I also helped RYANSWJ put the same plugs in his, with only a K&N intake and he says that it's a much smoother running engine now. He hasn't looked at the mileage though.

See less See more
#3 ·
x2. It about that time for me to replace mine to so I have to do some research.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.