Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   CAI Intake Performance and Performance Chip (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/cai-intake-performance-and-performance-chip-8959.html)

White Chocolate 04-28-2010 12:20 AM

CAI Intake Performance and Performance Chip

Alright guys, I need to know. Which intake gives the best performance gains in HP, I understand you guys love your bwoody, or K&N or Airraid, I need to know which puts out the most horsepower, lastly, to chip the jeep, which chip should I go with, once again looking for hp gains. I finally am going to start modding the jeep, thanks!

Scottina06 04-28-2010 01:41 AM

Re: CAI Intake Performance and Performance Chip

I would guess Diablo w/cmr and a Bwoody

White Chocolate 04-28-2010 08:23 AM

Anyone else got any opinions?

yousmellfunnytoo 04-28-2010 08:28 AM

I second scott... The Diablo is pretty universal at places to get a good tune.

Also, The bwoody is probably the best considering it actually is the only true CAI. I have the K&N and I like it, but bought it before I joined the site, and had no idea about the bwoody, which i would for sure have gotten instead.

It moves the sensor further too, so the intake reads colder air. My K&N doesnt do that

n8jay 04-28-2010 08:46 AM

Great question, I am in the same boat as you klutch, time for some mods. I'm new to wk's and there's so much to learn.

n8j

Chaoul1 04-28-2010 08:52 AM

Kyle I just bought a basically brand new Diablo Predator from someone on here. It should be here on Thursday or Friday. I will tell you if a notice any difference. I need to buy a CAI though.

Bwoody is great and so is Airaid. I have thought of buying AFE Stage 2 CAI.

White Chocolate 04-28-2010 09:46 AM

Ill probably end up getting a bwoody, I've heard nothing but good things about their CAI, now lastly on the chip tuner, I know nothing about them, all I know is there is diablos system or superchips or something, I want the best gains, does anyone else on here know roughly how much hp gain they get from the additiom of their system

yousmellfunnytoo 04-28-2010 11:38 AM

There are claims all over the place with as much as 30HP and 30 ft/lbs of torque.. But those can never be 100%.

You have to consider other supporting mods and such. But with a 93 oct. tune, You will for sure be able to tell a difference, in both performance, and the amount you spend on gas

White Chocolate 04-28-2010 12:31 PM

Well lets hope so, Im ready to start modding the Jeep, on my old vehicle it was all about "looks"...now I want some speed..

Im probably going to go with a 4" Candy Red CAI from Bwoody....now I need to be schooled on performance chips....

School me in em!

chefalan23 04-29-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yousmellfunnytoo (Post 197641)
There are claims all over the place with as much as 30HP and 30 ft/lbs of torque.. But those can never be 100%.

You have to consider other supporting mods and such. But with a 93 oct. tune, You will for sure be able to tell a difference, in both performance, and the amount you spend on gas

theres not a chance in hell you get 30hp and 30 tq. the only difference i noticed with the 93 tune was the 1st-2nd shift was a hell of a lot harder. and the throttle response improved a little. i hate to be the killjoy on this, but i was kind of disapointed. dont get me wrong, the predetor is a good mod but i was expecting more.

Robert Palmer 04-29-2010 11:44 PM

The canned tunes are shit. CMR tunes is where its at.

Get a Bwoody and a Diablo Predator with a custom tune from a vendor.

White Chocolate 04-30-2010 12:37 AM

How much hp gain can I get from adding a predator and bwoody, someone give me a rough estimate! Joe?