Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Sunroof (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/sunroof-9012.html)

olimpias 04-30-2010 01:12 AM

Sunroof

Hey guys I was looking for suggestions on an idea i have. I love my 2005 cherokee but i've always wanted a vehicle with a sunroof.
well my car doesn't have one and I was wondering if its even possible to add an aftermarket sunroof to my 2005 wj.
Please, any suggestions are welcome.

Scottina06 04-30-2010 01:28 AM

Re: Sunroof

of course....I would find a local sunroof shop and get some quotes. Do it right and go all power...not the silly oval shaped pop up

olimpias 04-30-2010 01:37 AM

awsome, If anyone lives Near LA California and nows a place would sure appreciate it.

SRTILL8 04-30-2010 07:49 AM

google it, surely theres many options around LA, gl

Matt 04-30-2010 07:59 AM

I would do my research first. I've seen some horror stories where shit leaked, it didn't work correctly, etc, etc.

Personally, I think it's a big waste of money. You're paying someone a lot of money to cut a whole in your roof, it doesn't increase the value of the vehicle (in fact I would run if I found out a car I was interested in had an aftermarket sunroof installed), and the potential for damage/failure/leaks/etc are MUCH higher than a factory sun roof.

I'm not trying to be negative nancy, but I would think long and hard about this. Hell, you probably won't even use it after a month.

jcostri09 04-30-2010 08:26 AM

For the amount you pay to have the install it could be worth the effort to find a similar model jeep with the sunroof and do a trade...

LTrainGC 04-30-2010 01:26 PM

I don't know if I've ever seen an aftermarket sunroof NOT end in disaster.

Matt 04-30-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTrainGC (Post 199301)
I don't know if I've ever seen an aftermarket sunroof NOT end in disaster.

:thumbsup:

John_R 04-30-2010 01:47 PM

I bet you could source all the oem parts and do it right. There are *some aftermarket ones that are good, but expect to pay $$$$. I wanted one in my GTO, but it was going to be ~$1200 or more (they made them for the Holden Monaro, which is what the GTO was, but US market got jipped), so decided it wasn't worth it. However, I do enjoy the one in the WK, since it was already that way.

White WK Swagga 04-30-2010 02:08 PM

I say cut the top off!!!

SRTDZGN 04-30-2010 03:58 PM

I use to work at a local auto acc. shop and installed ALOT of power and manual sunroofs and never had one comeback. As long as the installer does it correctly you shouldnt have any problems.

suzieque 04-30-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTDZGN (Post 199387)
I use to work at a local auto acc. shop and installed ALOT of power and manual sunroofs and never had one comeback. As long as the installer does it correctly you shouldnt have any problems.

X2
I had an aftermarket popup sunroof on my car and it was fine, I never regretted doing it.