Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Super charger (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/super-charger-9086.html)

09WK 05-03-2010 11:30 AM

Super charger

Does anyone make a supercharger for the 5.7 hemi?

John_R 05-03-2010 11:40 AM

Re: Super charger

I am not 100% positive, but I believe Magnacharger does...Don't think it's "Jeep specific", but can't see the big difference between our 5.7 and the ones used in the Charger/300, etc...

OK, did a quick search and yeah, they make them...Pricey, for sure...but it does look oem-ish...Lots of guys with GTO's were using them and while not the biggest power producer (compared to centrifugal and screw types), they are probably the easiest to install, etc.

Be sure to budget the other things that should go with it, such as exhaust, headers (ultimate), fuel, and maybe a cam, etc. to really take advantage of the increase

09WK 05-03-2010 11:53 AM

so if this isnt jeep specific could I still run it. And if I remember correctly there wasn't headers out for the 5.7wk.

Robert Palmer 05-03-2010 11:55 AM

Nothing super charger wise is made for the 5.7 Jeep.

What you would have to do is go with a turbo (not s/c) through Tim. He is the only one that I know of who makes stuff for the 5.7 Jeep.

John_R 05-03-2010 12:01 PM

I don't think the magnacharger would be too hard to adapt (although intake would face toward battery, so probably need to relocate), IF you had the means to get into the computer and tune accordingly. Physically, it should be pretty easy and we have plenty of vertical height with that honkin' oem manifold gone. I mean, there isn't much difference between our Hemi and the others (5.7), other than intake, exhaust and perhaps some of the driven accessories. That was only a quick search I did and first thing I clicked on...I would search more extensively to see what other options there are (for instance, a compressor housing from an LS2 [GTO] would work better for the intake location, and you'd probably just use the manifold section from the hemi...I would imagine within given "sizes" (displacement) of their equipment is common, as far as bolt patterns, but of course the manifolds would need to be unique...They utilize water to air cooled "intercoolers" on many of the units, as well...

I am confident that a Procharger or other centrifugal "blower" could be custom installed without too much troble, but again, the PCM "mods" would be the part foreign to me without software (man, people are so spoiled these days just having to use software to "tune" things :D )

yousmellfunnytoo 05-03-2010 12:38 PM

They definately don't make the 5.7L Jeep specific, but it can be adapted.

There is a shop in Oswego (about 45 minutes from where I live) who told me that it wouldnt be hard to run a S/C setup on the 5.7 Jeep. They told me the battery would probably have to be moved elsewhere. But it can be done

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-03-2010 02:46 PM

I say ditch the belt and go TURBO

Matt 05-03-2010 02:54 PM

I thought Vortech/Procharger made a supercharger for the 5.7 (Charger/300). Of course work would be required to retro it to the Jeep.

robpp 05-03-2010 03:15 PM

vortech and procharger are 2 different companies.

i think you guys are missing the ONE important thing.......tuning. while maybe you could MAKE the 5.7 LX model work on a Jeep you need to get a tune. and the LX is a completely different animal when it comes to tuning. move the battery not a big deal. get a tune for the Jeep with a Vortech?

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=145

Matt 05-03-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 200653)
vortech and procharger are 2 different companies.

I know. I thought they each made a 5.7 supercharger system.

Matt 05-03-2010 03:19 PM

Just checked, they do. :)

Escape 05-03-2010 05:18 PM

Here are your forced induction options.

A proven turbo system from North Coast Turbo Systems.

A supercharger form SMS, Vortec, Procharger...ect anything that is made for the 5.7 in any vehicle will work. There will have to be custom fab work involved as our engines are the same but our engine bays are laid out differently.

As far as tuning goes use the iEMS3 from North Coast Turbo Systems for the F/I and if you need to get into the pcm there is Diablo.