Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Keyless entry problems!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/keyless-entry-problems-9093.html)

99limited 05-03-2010 02:04 PM

Keyless entry problems!!

Ok so i have ben having issues with my keyless entry. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, i could push lock, and it locks then i click unlock and NOTHING then i unlock it with my key and the alarm goes off (which is embarrasing) anyone have an idea?? another thing, i recently pulled off my alternator and put it back on after getting it tested and replaced my battery and none of this happened till a couple days after that if that would make a difference.

thanks guys

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-03-2010 08:55 PM

Re: Keyless entry problems!!

when did you change the battery last? they are only good for about 4 years.

05quadratrac 05-03-2010 11:44 PM

Could be a wiring issue if its not the battery. I know on WK keys the solder they used sucked so the battery clips would break lose inside the key, I had this issue with both my keys neither would open the door until I had them re-soldered. It looks like you have a WJ and I know the key fob is a lot different but it might be worth opening up and checking to see if anything was broken lose.

99limited 05-04-2010 12:48 AM

i havent changed the battery which was my first though. anyone know what kind of battery it takes?

mrjaydeeone 05-04-2010 02:04 AM

Ryan taken from wjjeeps.com
Quote:

Panasonic model CR2016 (or equivalent).

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-04-2010 02:22 AM

once you change the battery you have to disconnect the car battery terminal for 5 minutes or else the vehicle will be immobilized. at least that is what the WK does....

99limited 05-04-2010 07:48 AM

ok guys thanks very much!! Can i pick this battery up anywhere?

Robert Palmer 05-04-2010 08:08 AM

Usually any drug store has the batteries.

CherokeeOnToyos 05-04-2010 08:30 AM

After replacing your remote's battery, make sure that the remote and your truck's reciever are still in sync. If it doesn't work then follow these steps as stated by wjjeeps.com

If the receiver fails to respond to the transmitter after battery removal or replacement, depress and release the RKE transmitter Unlock button repeatedly while listening carefully for the power door locks in the vehicle to cycle. After between five and eight presses of the Unlock button, the power door locks should cycle, indicating that re-synchronization has occurred.

That should do it! :thumbsup: Maybe you might even wanna try this before puchasing new batteries!

HemiDawg 05-04-2010 12:04 PM

Don't feel bad, I have this same issue with my 2010!!

We only use one key fob, so I need to swap them to see if it is the key or the receiver.

cwtryan 06-10-2010 02:23 PM

I have the same problem with my 2010. Usually happens when I run in the store for a minute. The FOB doesn't work for 10-15 seconds when I come back out...just dead. Then all of a sudden it'll work again. I've had it back to the dealer twice with no luck...they think I'm nuts! I hate when new things don't work! :wtf:

tugboatchad 06-10-2010 04:39 PM

Join the hundreds if not thousands of us who have this problem, there is a thread with hundreds of responses on the commie bastard red site. Chrysler needs to admit this problem but they wont!