Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   Scratch Removal (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/scratch-removal-9098.html)

JAYBEE3 05-03-2010 04:55 PM

Scratch Removal

Hey guys i had a question to take scratches off wat is a good product to buy?? when i debadge my jeep i got alot of scrathces on the tailgate and on the hood JEEP emblems Thanx guys

DAVY27 05-03-2010 05:24 PM

Re: Scratch Removal

i'm not sure but I've been reading reviews and threads about Meguiars Ultimate Compound. From what I read it's one of the most aggressive product from the Meguiars line and after multiple applications it may remove most of the scratches

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-03-2010 05:52 PM

haha I did the same thing and mine in black ...

Use meg's ultimate compound give it a good rub down a couple of passes ... then use scratch x 2.0 a couple of passes with those and see the results if not satisfied ... then clay bar, ultimate compound, scratch x, then wax so u can protect the paint

JAYBEE3 05-04-2010 05:24 AM

Ok Nice thanx guys appricate it alot im gonna try it this weekend...So is there a trick to this???? just rub on it till it fades?

DAVY27 05-04-2010 08:35 AM

apply it evenly on the scratches and immediately buff it off. repeat until most of the scratch is off

B.P.O.D 05-04-2010 09:42 AM

good job omar and dave!!!

their info is good:)

JAYBEE3 05-04-2010 02:32 PM

Nice!!! Thanx alot guys im goign to try this product and method :thumbsup:

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-04-2010 02:35 PM

one thing to keep in method if doing by hand ...

get a round pad that u can use and use only one pad for each product

apply the product across the pad in an X pattern

when u first make contact with the surface apply it real fast all over it just to get the product all over then make couple of passes up and down bout 6-8 time applying good amount of pressure

only reason why i said that cuz i tried it by hand also didn't get good results because i didn't do it right but when i tried it again after Irf showed me a couple of vids and articles it came out perfect

Scottina06 05-04-2010 07:40 PM

I would suggest a couple products...but try what they said first

DAVY27 05-05-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boniomario (Post 201387)
one thing to keep in method if doing by hand ...

get a round pad that u can use and use only one pad for each product

apply the product across the pad in an X pattern

when u first make contact with the surface apply it real fast all over it just to get the product all over then make couple of passes up and down bout 6-8 time applying good amount of pressure

only reason why i said that cuz i tried it by hand also didn't get good results because i didn't do it right but when i tried it again after Irf showed me a couple of vids and articles it came out perfect

i have to give that a try. probably why i thought swirlX was ineffective when i tried it and gave up.
im also going to try the UC on a semi deep scratch (probably some ass keyed it) on my hood