Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   "Squeaky" Sound coming from front suspension (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/squeaky-sound-coming-from-front-suspension-9136.html)

Chris 05-04-2010 09:08 PM

"Squeaky" Sound coming from front suspension

I just noticed this yesterday going over some speed bumps, and today it was just driving me nuts. There is a squeaky sound coming from the front end and I have no clue as to what it could be. The only thing that comes to mind when trying to describe it is a squeaky mattress during sex, lol!

I can get down and press up/down on the front bumper and make the noise happen as well. Since I can make this noise by compressing the front suspension, what could it be? I know it couldn't be the sway bar bushings or end links right? Would it be the front springs? I have SRT springs I am going to swap in soon, but while I am doing that I want to make sure I take care of that noise as well!

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-04-2010 09:10 PM

Re: "Squeaky" Sound coming from front suspension

front struts or sway bushings

Chris 05-04-2010 10:09 PM

Just went to the store, and now the sound is gone, and I couldn't replicate it by pushing the front of the truck up / down.. ? lol

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-04-2010 10:33 PM

strut mounts bro same noise was coming from mine and replaced them and now it's all gone

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-04-2010 10:33 PM

p.s. sending out letters tomorrow :D

Bigdiesel74 05-04-2010 10:38 PM

sway bushings...mine is doing the same thing so i had someone push on it and got under it and it was the bushings. my new ones should be here tomorrow and this weekend they are going in

1 GRAND 05-05-2010 09:12 AM

Have you recently detailed your vehicle? If I use certain dressings under my wheel wells mine will squeak like that until it rains or wears off. I always try to use a water based dressing so it does not squeak.

Chris 05-05-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 GRAND (Post 201762)
Have you recently detailed your vehicle? If I use certain dressings under my wheel wells mine will squeak like that until it rains or wears off. I always try to use a water based dressing so it does not squeak.

no

Just an update, it did NOT make the sound this morning on the way to work, but on the way home after the truck sitting in the sun all day, it was squeaky as hell on bumps, and even if I stopped hard (made the front end dive) it would make the noise.

Now with that being said, and not having the noise happen last night after the truck was sitting in the driveway since after work, I think it's safe to say that the noise happens when the truck is hot? Maybe the heat from the day is making the rubber softer on whatever part is actually making the noise? I need to get someone else out there with me to help so I can crawl under there and listen really good..

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-05-2010 05:26 PM

Hector is not too far from you

White WK Swagga 05-05-2010 05:28 PM

I swapped my sways for the SRT and I hear a squish/squeak noise. I'm going to change the bushings soon. 20 min job.

Chris 05-05-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 202181)
I swapped my sways for the SRT and I hear a squish/squeak noise. I'm going to change the bushings soon. 20 min job.

Does it happen when the front suspension is getting compressed only though? IE - going over bumps etc, I don't hear anything or feel anything when driving normally on a flat.

TJXJWJ 12-03-2010 12:07 PM

Did you ever figure this one out? I'm having the same issue...I suspect front stabilizer bushings. It only squeaks on the up-travel going over bumps.