Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   How to keep a black car clean... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/how-to-keep-a-black-car-clean-9226.html)

MISTERak 05-07-2010 10:38 PM

How to keep a black car clean...

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to hear some methods for keeping my shiny black paint nice n shiny! Never claybarred or anything before...let me hear your tips and tricks!

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-07-2010 10:54 PM

Re: How to keep a black car clean...

WOW bro there are tons of threads on this subject where to start LOL

Check out our vendors website detailedimage they are amazing when it comes to good tips

but off the bat

- Proper wash methods
- Clay bar
- Compound
- Polish
- Sealant
- Wax

is pretty much the order what products you want is ur preference but there are some proven ones here that members have used

good luck though let us know what direction you wanna go and we can try to help some more

Welcome btw

B.P.O.D 05-10-2010 03:25 PM

welcome to the garage and omar has given you great advise!

Scottina06 05-10-2010 03:50 PM

I think the best advice on black is proper drying method. I suggest the waffle weave microfiber drying towels from detailedimage. I recommend using 2-3 each time you dry. The best drying method for black is actually air drying...but we all know that means spots. So try the sheeting method to get as much water as possible off the surface. Then I suggest let it dry in the shade/garage as much as possible and then go over it with the MF waffle weave towels. Also be careful with microfiber towels and quick detailer.....use lots of towels and turn to reach side each time it gets dirty. I dont recomend the clay bar unless you have a DA polished to remove the swirls/light scratches that it will put on the surface of the clear. Just a few tips for black trucks....maybe I will think of more later....

B.P.O.D 05-10-2010 04:32 PM

always try to blot dry and not wipe dry:)

pmpn8ez 05-10-2010 08:05 PM

if you dont know how to clean a black vehicle, trade it in...........this is my 4th one in a row and I keep saying its my last every time........lol

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-10-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmpn8ez (Post 205367)
if you dont know how to clean a black vehicle, trade it in...........this is my 4th one in a row and I keep saying its my last every time........lol

LMAO that's what i said after my black maxima and now driving a black jeep :lol:

RGLAX 05-10-2010 09:12 PM

I use the absorber on mine to dry.. gets all the water spots off real quick and if i miss any it cleans them up with one lil swipe

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-10-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGLAX (Post 205444)
I use the absorber on mine to dry.. gets all the water spots off real quick and if i miss any it cleans them up with one lil swipe

Absorber FTW !!! It's one of the best I have ever used makes drying so much easier

Scottina06 05-10-2010 11:28 PM

the absorber traps dirt at the surface and keeps it there. That makes swirls etc.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-10-2010 11:31 PM

hmm didn't know that ... u learn something new everyday ...

Scottina06 05-10-2010 11:42 PM

dont worry...Ive only used waffle weave MF's for about 3-4 years. I came over from absorbers.....LOL