Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Front and Rear SRT Sway Bars (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/front-and-rear-srt-sway-bars-9357.html)

06RC22 05-11-2010 05:19 PM

Front and Rear SRT Sway Bars

Well tomorrow I am going to be picking up both of these from a guy on the other site. He even has the rear end-links for me. My question is how difficult is it to install these?? Also are the SRT end-links better than the Laredo ones? I am assuming that it is just a straight swap correct?

Any info would be great. Thanks!

White WK Swagga 05-11-2010 05:34 PM

Re: Front and Rear SRT Sway Bars

End links for SRT won't fit WK. SRT are like 1/2 as long as WK. Make sure you have the proper bushings and brackets. Front would take like 45 min with the proper tools. You may Noe even have to take the front wheels off. Rear prob like 1.5 hours and you have to remove both rear wheels. The rear drivers side rear was difficult to work around the gas tank. But it can be done. 6 bolts for front and 6 bolts for rear.

06RC22 05-11-2010 05:41 PM

ok so I just use the stock end links? I am planning on having it up in the air on my dads lift at work. I think this might make it easier.

White WK Swagga 05-11-2010 05:47 PM

Yes it would. Be better on a lift. You can upgrade to Bwoody WK links which are like twice as thick as stock.

06RC22 05-11-2010 05:51 PM

Yea someday when I have some $$$ i will probably upgrade to those.

What differences did you get after installing these? Im excited but dont know what to expect

White WK Swagga 05-11-2010 06:00 PM

Well first I installed the rear and took a test drive. It was like the rear snaped in place inline with the front faster. Then once I did the front and rear it was like OMG! the jeep doesn't sway and dip as much. It's like one quick slight sway and it holds solid. I have SRT springs just waiting till I get bilsteins and get them all done at the same time. With the SRT reps and sways it handles a lot better but you can tell there's a little room for improvement which will come from the bilsteins, Bwoody links, and springs.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 05-11-2010 06:26 PM

looks at mr. swaggalicious giving jeep advise :D

White WK Swagga 05-11-2010 06:32 PM

Hollaaaaaaaa!!! LOL

blackpepper 05-11-2010 06:41 PM

Good job, Nate. This guy couldn't have given better advice.

http://xenutv.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/drdrew.jpg

06RC22 05-11-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 205980)
Well first I installed the rear and took a test drive. It was like the rear snaped in place inline with the front faster. Then once I did the front and rear it was like OMG! the jeep doesn't sway and dip as much. It's like one quick slight sway and it holds solid. I have SRT springs just waiting till I get bilsteins and get them all done at the same time. With the SRT reps and sways it handles a lot better but you can tell there's a little room for improvement which will come from the bilsteins, Bwoody links, and springs.

oh sick! Im even more excited now! i already have the SRT springs and bilsteins so it should handle alot differently than it does now!

robpp 05-11-2010 06:55 PM

it will be noticeable even with the springs and shocks already.
front srt8 and wk sway links are the same size so you could swap those if you have them. IDK, these could be exact same OEM part IDK.
and nate is correct, do not do the rear sway links as the length is NG.

White WK Swagga 05-11-2010 07:05 PM

Oh ok. I have rear SRT links but I haven't seen the front. But if you gave bilsteins and springs already this is the easy part and you will see the difference.