Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Superchargers/Turbos (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f141/)
-   -   Lewis Performance Machine Official Feedback Thread (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f141/lewis-performance-machine-official-feedback-thread-9482.html)

Frankie 05-15-2010 09:18 AM

Lewis Performance Machine Official Feedback Thread

Post Feedback Here...

FLSRT8 05-17-2010 05:14 AM

Re: Lewis Performance Machine Official Feedback Thread

Company info: LPM specializes in engine building. We build stock to high performance engines for all types of domestic cars and trucks.
You can reach us at LPMMemail@aol.com or call us at 321-504-6585/407-312-4141 and ask for Joe or Chris.

Grip Grip 05-21-2010 11:40 PM

I've been dealing with Chris and Joey for the past few weeks during my build and they have been very professional and communicative. I'll post some photo's and results of my build when the engine gets here.

Harrison@Stage6 05-22-2010 01:56 PM

Can't WAIT for you motor to be done Ant. Should be naaaaaaasty.

Grip Grip 05-22-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryBallZ (Post 211878)
Can't WAIT for you motor to be done Ant. Should be naaaaaaasty.

I'm sure it will be a nice addition to the Jeep. :)

Itsme 08-17-2011 11:36 AM

I asked Joe Lewis to rebuild my Marine 454 and he said no problem, it would take about 2 1/2 weeks. After loosing parts and then charged me for new ones, excuse after excuse I finally got it back 2 1/2 months later. The previous week , I told him I needed it back before my friend with the hoist big enough to get the motor back in the boat left for three months and he said "no problem" but of course he gave it back the day after my friend left so I missed the whole summer of boating. When I did get the motor in I noticed a rocker was slapping the valve. I called Joe to tell him about it becouse. "That's what I paid him for" and he said he would fix it. Now I know it easy to remove the valve covers on a car but a boat is a different story. There is the shift linkage and throttle linage, exhaust risers and tubes, miscellaneous stuff and then the 30 lb exhaust manifold all while standing on your head. And that's the easy part. It's putting the manifolds back on while standing on your head that's a real pain. I tried to get a hold of Joe on the day he said to call but of course he wasn't in. I called two more days and left a message but he never got back to me. I decided to do it my self and found the # 2 intake rocker was very loose. After putting it all back together and taking it for a test run down the river, I felt it should have more power but it ran ok. I took it easy on the motor and broke it in but after taking the boat out a few times I started to notice a lot of oil coming out the breathers. and it was getting hard to start after it was warmed up. After taking it out a few more times I could barely get it to start. I took a compression test and found # from 45 lb to 85 lb of compression. I called Joe to tell him and he had every excuse why it wasn't his fault. I took the heads to Howard's and he said every valve was bent except the # two intake...the one I adjusted. Seeing how it had so much blow by I decided to rebuild the hole motor and good thing I did. The bent valves let water into the engine through the WET exhaust and left rust all over the new roller cam and lifters and the cylinders were honed to big. I had Howard machine the engine, I had to buy a new roller cam and lifters and new pistons. A Gen V BBC has non adjustable rockers, you just crank them down but I had Joe Lewis install new rocker studs for adjustable roller rockers but he just cracked them down like non adjustable.
Bottom line is He said 2 1/2 weeks he took 2 1/2 months. he knew I needed it back before a certain date and didn't deliver. Made a mess of my motor lost pieces and then charged me for new ones and I had to completely rebuild my motor again...Now it runs like a champ.