Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Rear DVD System. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/rear-dvd-system-9622.html)

NHWK05 05-19-2010 07:12 PM

Rear DVD System.

I have a baby on the way and i was thinking this is a great time to get a DVD player for the rear of the jeep. I know i can get the portable units that strap to the seat but i would like it to looks as close to stock as possible but cheap too.

I have the stock 6 disc cd changer. I dont plan to change to the better nav units.

What is the best option?

Stock unit?

After market unit? What kind? Whats needed etc?

Best Buy Special that straps to the seat?

White Chocolate 05-19-2010 07:28 PM

Re: Rear DVD System.

Id go with the factory unit, I love it. Its a great little unit! However there are some cheap aftermarket units out there as well that are pretty decent.

Ever thought of putting some 7" screen into the back of your headrests?

GR33N D3M0N 05-19-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlutcH (Post 210526)
Id go with the factory unit, I love it. Its a great little unit! However there are some cheap aftermarket units out there as well that are pretty decent.

sorry for the hijack, but how are those wired??

thanks...and sorry again!

White Chocolate 05-19-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.7L wk (Post 210538)
sorry for the hijack, but how are those wired??

thanks...and sorry again!

Not a clue LOL!!!

My friend who worked on my custom sub install would know how!

He said something about being able to wirelessly hook them up.

GR33N D3M0N 05-19-2010 08:01 PM

ya....im guessing the power is run thru the seat...only problem i would think would be you wont be able to move the headrest anymore

Technojeep 05-19-2010 08:04 PM

Posted this in another thread, but if interested in headrests, take a look at the Rosen headrests. They make them specific to match each vehicle. The style and leather match is perfect. Picked up a pair for my wife's MDX. Looks factory installed. Connects to radio wireless. They offer direct connect but my installer recommended save the money and try the wireless first. I have to say it works great. About $1600 for 2 screens and 2 dvd players built right in.

NHWK05 05-19-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technojeep (Post 210548)
Posted this in another thread, but if interested in headrests, take a look at the Rosen headrests. They make them specific to match each vehicle. The style and leather match is perfect. Picked up a pair for my wife's MDX. Looks factory installed. Connects to radio wireless. They offer direct connect but my installer recommended save the money and try the wireless first. I have to say it works great. About $1600 for 2 screens and 2 dvd players built right in.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlutcH (Post 210526)

Budget, gotta keep this super cheap.

White Chocolate 05-19-2010 09:05 PM

True dat, kid on the way, i forgot lol

Scottina06 05-19-2010 09:07 PM

theres a thread about this guys....Ive installed the rear VES and its gravy. You need the upper screen with bracket, rear DVD player and two harnesses. You have to drop the headliner to install the bracket, cut a hole for the screen, run the first harness to the radio and second harness under the center console to the dvd player. You alos need 2 headsets and one remote control. This is not cheap new...but I sourced allmy parts on car-part.com and spent about $400.

White Chocolate 05-19-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 210588)
theres a thread about this guys....Ive installed the rear VES and its gravy. You need the upper screen with bracket, rear DVD player and two harnesses. You have to drop the headliner to install the bracket, cut a hole for the screen, run the first harness to the radio and second harness under the center console to the dvd player. You alos need 2 headsets and one remote control. This is not cheap new...but I sourced allmy parts on car-part.com and spent about $400.

Yes Boss LOL

Scottina06 05-19-2010 09:12 PM

dont call me BOSS....Bitch!

White Chocolate 05-19-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 210593)
dont call me BOSS....Bitch!

Sorry Princess :eek: