Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   installed front bilsteins and plugs. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/installed-front-bilsteins-and-plugs-9655.html)

kycoolcat 05-20-2010 07:54 PM

installed front bilsteins and plugs.

finally got my front bilsteins installed. Also went ahead and done the plugs. They weren't too hard to change at all, the plugs i mean. But i still seem to have the misfire. I don't understand cause the old plugs looked like s__t. I figured for sure that was the problem. Though i didn't drive too far i think i still felt the miss. I don't know what to do now. I absolutely hate just taking something to the garage and telling them to fix it without having at least an idea of whats wrong. Around here that could cost a man alot of moolah.
On the bright side the bilsteins are great! Later guys.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:

LTrainGC 05-20-2010 07:57 PM

Re: installed front bilsteins and plugs.

Did you gap the plugs correctly?

kycoolcat 05-20-2010 08:05 PM

yeah,, i reckon

Scottina06 05-20-2010 11:12 PM

could be a coil

1 GRAND 05-21-2010 10:53 AM

Do you have any warning lights on in the cluster? When was the last time you replaced your air filter?

maxst2 05-21-2010 02:33 PM

Do the key dance... off on... off on... off on. and then leave on.. should do a dtc scan and read out problem codes.

kycoolcat 05-23-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 GRAND (Post 211283)
Do you have any warning lights on in the cluster? When was the last time you replaced your air filter?

at one time i had the engine light come on, scanned it , i think it was p2098 or something like that. Which the guy at autozone said could be bad gas, o2 sensors, or exhaust leak. I turned the light off and it hasn't come back on. I changed o2 sensors ran a fuel system cleaner through the brake booster. And yeah grand i got a k+n. I didn't think an exhaust leak could make it miss like that but i guess thats next.

kycoolcat 05-23-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxst2 (Post 211449)
Do the key dance... off on... off on... off on. and then leave on.. should do a dtc scan and read out problem codes.

k max. i didn't know u could do that. thanks.

kycoolcat 05-23-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 211149)
could be a coil

hey scott. how ofter should u change the coils?

kycoolcat 05-23-2010 01:15 PM

Big breakthrough guys. I was looking in the recall list and seen those service things, whatever their called, but there was something in there that sounded just like my problem and said a flash would fix it. I guess i'm gonna have to make a trip to dealer. I don't even know if it's under warranty at all or not. i doubt it. Also, i bought it off my cousin who went to the army and she got it in lexington. would i have to take it to that dealer for warranty work if i had a warranty?

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-23-2010 01:28 PM

you would have had to pay a warranty transfer fee of $150 in order to keep it. i also think it can only be transfered if you buy it at a dealer