Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   light issue (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/light-issue-9733.html)

BlackedOutWK 05-24-2010 08:05 AM

light issue

yesterday i installed my hitch harness (finally), it was a lot more difficult than i anticipated. but i got it done. my problem now is...my front passenger side turn signal bulb works but does not turn on when the lights are on, whereas my drivers side turns on when the other lights are on and blinks when i turn the signal on. not sure which side is doing the right thing but i never noticed this before. does anyone know what could cause this?

robpp 05-24-2010 10:48 AM

Re: light issue

so the front, right.

no lights on, blinker blinks amber.
lights on, amber on solid. blinks if turn signal on. returns to on state when turn signal goes off.

the bulb that only does one thing. i would switch them to rule out the bulb.

BlackedOutWK 05-24-2010 12:09 PM

thanks.

it has to be the bulb...talked to another guy on the JU forum about it also.

i was paranoid it was something i did with the wiring...im going to swap bulbs after work and hopefully problem will be solved!

Mike_Levy 05-24-2010 12:48 PM

Which harness did you install that was difficult? DrawTite has a plug and play version that just plugs into the taillights, plus you gotta drill one hole for ground. Hardest part is ziptying up the wires.

BlackedOutWK 05-25-2010 09:01 AM

the mopar harness. the harness for the 05-06's plug into the tail lights like that but since 07+ have different tails the harness switched and you actually have to splice it into wires under the hood.

Mike_Levy 05-25-2010 11:59 AM

I didn't have to do any splicing into anything on my 08.

BlackedOutWK 05-25-2010 09:38 PM

wish i knew that before, the first company i got the harness from sent me the wrong one and wouldnt let me return it so im stuck with that and out $80. then i had to spend another $90 on the right one and im in this mess..who knows how much its going to cost me now!

BlackedOutWK 05-25-2010 09:39 PM

welp...some more issues popped up tonight...i realized not only is the motor for my p*ssers not working but i have NO tail lights! my break lights work fine and my turn signals work fine but NO tails what-so-ever! this blows...any help is appreciated!

im going to check the fuses and bulbs tomorrow and im keeping my fingers crossed thats all the problem is if not im undoing the wiring i did, then who knows!

maxst2 05-27-2010 10:28 PM

Sounds like a short somewhere.

BlackedOutWK 05-28-2010 07:26 AM

yea i think it was shorting out in a few places...i got it fixed (keeping my fingers crossed that it holds). i didnt change anything, just re-did some wires and neatened it up a little bit...after a few hours of pulling fuses and testing things everything just decided to work. amazing.