Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   WK Lifts - Your Opinion please? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/wk-lifts-your-opinion-please-9768.html)

2006hemijeep 05-25-2010 12:09 PM

WK Lifts - Your Opinion please?

Im lifting my jeep and cannot decide between the The Rock Krawler 3.5 Inch X Factor System for the Jeep Grand Cherokee WK or the Rocky Road 2.5 inch kit? any suggestions

blackpepper 05-26-2010 10:59 AM

Re: Your Opinion

Both are good but I've read that RK3.5 has better customer service.. and both companies have had minor issues with their lifts. I suggest you go to jeepsunimited.com and read up on the extensive conversations held over there regarding the subject.

Neither issue per lift is major but I do believe that some part of the installation instructions were wrong and have been corrected. Just follow up on it.

GCL06 05-26-2010 09:07 PM

RK's been great but if you're gonna end up buying Bilsteins or some other shocks in that price range then you might want to go ahead and get the OME kit for the extra height+articulation. Once it's up you only want it higher.

Kreso 05-27-2010 02:05 AM

OME all the way.

OBXJeep 05-31-2010 11:37 PM

I've got the Rocky Road setup with bilsteins and I haven't had any issues yet. Only issue is exactly as Nick said once it's up you just want to go higher. Might as well go with the Superlift or the Rustys 4.5" lift :cool:

2006hemijeep 06-08-2010 06:01 PM

ya if i had the money I would without hesitation go with the OME or the Superlift. However, for the time being i was hoping to get a small 2-2.25 lift for the least amount of money until i can afford one of the bigger lifts. Thanks for your input everybody.

DGoral31 10-25-2010 01:32 PM

Re: WK Lifts - Your Opinion please?

I'm in the same boat... wanting to put lift on my jeep but I'm also on a budget... looking to spend about 3k with tires and everything, after some research, I think the 2.5 spacer lift is the way to go... wish i could go a little bigger.

OBXJeep 10-25-2010 05:42 PM

Yea I spent 2100 but that was at my uncles shop so got hooked up on the install. that was rro lift, 4 bfg at, bilsteins all around, and spidertrax wheel spacers.

AcidCold 10-26-2010 05:30 PM

Go RC, same height as RRO and RK (i had them all) but cheaper and you get a steel rear spacer as opposed to a poly spacer offered by the other two, they will eventually split within a year if you go off-road alot specially if the poly spacer is placed under the coil which is not recommended.

OBXJeep 10-27-2010 07:50 PM

^sound advice. Yea I heard about the spacer under the coil thing so I made sure the guy put in on top.

MLIB 11-07-2010 06:33 PM

Ive heard About these leveling Kits Like the 3.5 RK, 2 inch daystar and really want to pick one up and go for the install. But I ve heard they they cause major problems with front end components after racking up some miles. Anyone have any input on what I should?

iJeep 11-07-2010 07:09 PM

My opinion is DON"T