Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Dent in Bumper (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/dent-in-bumper-977.html)

Chaoul1 06-26-2009 07:37 PM

Dent in Bumper

Well this is what happened. I decided to go to the pool for a nice swim. And when I came back I went to put my towel in the trunk. I hit the unlock button on my remote and reach down for the handle. As I look down I notice a dent on the right of my rear bumper. There was no dent before because I just washed my Jeep yesterday. So it's a nice dent about 1 inch. And I have now some spider cracks from it and some chipped paint. I just wanted to know if I replace my bumper with a new one could I get the new on color matched to my original paint? My paint is Graphite Metallic Grey. I'm going to get a bumper from Rob(Budakane) Thanks by the way. He's going to get me one for $140.

I will get pics soon!

Thanks a lot

Scottina06 06-26-2009 07:40 PM

Re: Dent in Bumper

a good body shop should be able to match that no problem

Chaoul1 06-26-2009 07:43 PM

I know...I have Maaco..I don't know if they are good though. I don't want any overspray.

Scottina06 06-26-2009 08:02 PM

stay away from Maaco

Chaoul1 06-26-2009 08:04 PM

I know my friend had an Audi and he went there......All you can say was "overspray everywhere."

Bslagle05 06-26-2009 08:20 PM

I think I am one of the only people thats had a good experience at Maaco. I had my whole Jeep Wrangler repainted there like 6 years ago and they did an awesome job. Maybe they just suck at doing part of a car and blending and overspray and all that

dreamer1213 06-26-2009 08:23 PM

Maaco is the devil!! LOL...j/k! But really...stay away from em...find a nice, local body shop...they will be able to perfectly color match to your paint...paint code is PDR.

Ohh...you better make sure that bumper is smooth and not textured Paul....just a heads up!

mjl2610 06-26-2009 08:23 PM

FAK!!! Dude man that is total BS. I hate when crap like that happens. When i had the whole front end of my olds done a few years back, a week later someone had to have put a spiral notebook on my hood to rest it while either talking to somone or to get in their car. It was awful. I probably had steam comin out my ears. Four weeks after that somone with a tow hitch had to have backed into my bumper and cracked a hole perfect size for one to fit. It was outrageous.

Chaoul1 06-26-2009 08:32 PM

I completely forgot that my friend does auto body. So tomorrow I am going to get an estimate tomorrow. I think it's better just getting a a new bumper for $140 then get it painted for $250 color matched. That's what my friend told me. And I will install it myself. Do you guys think I'm getting ripped off?

Thanks Hannes for the paint code.

Chaoul1 06-26-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjl2610 (Post 23568)
FAK!!! Dude man that is total BS. I hate when crap like that happens. When i had the whole front end of my olds done a few years back, a week later someone had to have put a spiral notebook on my hood to rest it while either talking to somone or to get in their car. It was awful. I probably had steam comin out my ears. Four weeks after that somone with a tow hitch had to have backed into my bumper and cracked a hole perfect size for one to fit. It was outrageous.

I was extremely mad! But there are idiots in this world....

NHWK05 06-26-2009 08:59 PM

Just say no to Macco.

Chaoul1 06-26-2009 09:35 PM

Yeah. Well Lets see how tomorrow goes. Trust me I have seen Maacos work....it sucks.