Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   UPGRADE Time - 4" BWoody, CMR, 180TStat... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/upgrade-time-4-bwoody-cmr-180tstat-9804.html)

08Hemi 05-26-2010 05:37 PM

UPGRADE Time - 4" BWoody, CMR, 180TStat...

Well this will be my preformance upgrade thread for a couple mods...I just rec'd my tstat, 4" BWoody and drycharger. DS predator is on the way, then a CMR tune. All of this was purchased through Jim @ MHP (vendor on here) :)

I sold my AIRAID and took it off last night and went back to stock. WOW! Makes such a difference...the AIRAID really gave it better throttle response, much better sounds at WOT and better exhasut note. I am going to be very interested to see how the BWoody sounds and what that in combo with the tuner and tstat does...I am going to do them all at once, hence the sad face with my intake in-hand :(

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/u...h42/bwoody.jpg

I am so excited...hopefully I get some semi-noticeable gains :D

ducks unlimited 05-26-2010 05:43 PM

Re: UPGRADE Time - 4" BWoody, CMR, 180TStat...

wish you luck bro

downstate 05-26-2010 06:00 PM

the tune is going to be night/day - nice choice, that's the way I went with my jeep too.

08Hemi 05-26-2010 06:09 PM

are you saying that from experience Ducks? or just being kind? haha

thanks Mike! - when you installed the bwoody, did you feed the K&N through the floor or push back the fender and put it through the top of the engine compartment? I also heard that there may be rubbing when I close my hood? and tips/tricks would be appreciated...and if you have time tell me a little about what you wanted done with your CMR and how you like it...

macmac 05-26-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Hemi (Post 213667)
Well this will be my preformance upgrade thread for a couple mods...I just rec'd my tstat, 4" BWoody and drycharger. DS predator is on the way, then a CMR tune. All of this was purchased through Jim @ MHP (vendor on here) :)

I sold my AIRAID and took it off last night and went back to stock. WOW! Makes such a difference...the AIRAID really gave it better throttle response, much better sounds at WOT and better exhasut note. I am going to be very interested to see how the BWoody sounds and what that in combo with the tuner and tstat does...I am going to do them all at once, hence the sad face with my intake in-hand :(

Where are you going in for the CMR tune here on the coast?
________
Indica strains

npenson 05-26-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Hemi (Post 213667)

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/u...h42/bwoody.jpg

Well I will be smiling soon....:)

downstate 05-26-2010 08:03 PM

I fed the filter up through after I installed the intake itself, I have no rubbing at all, not sure how different the 5.7 is though, I'm helping install another 4" bwoody CAI on a SRT8 this weekend so I'll get refreshed with the install again :)

for my cmr tune, I just wrote to MHP and gave them a list of my mods and they sent me a tune per those mods, feels awesome to me but when I get the cance I will do some logging with the predator and send them those to see if it

downstate 05-26-2010 08:04 PM

...needs to be tweaked or anything. But I'm very happy with the performance as it stands right now.

Frankie 05-26-2010 09:17 PM

Wrap the Woody before you try to put it in to prevent scratching! ;)

Scottina06 05-26-2010 09:22 PM

Congrats....but cake boy yellow? LOl...j/K!

Chuck 05-26-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 213762)
Congrats....but cake boy yellow? LOl...j/K!

:D

Can't wait to see the results :thumbsup:

SoCalMoparWK 05-26-2010 11:19 PM

Hot dangggggg!!! That is one huge intake. Congrats