Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2011 jeep GC v6 leaking

Tags
2011 jeep
2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  JeepCares 
#1 ·
Good morning, I just noticed that the Jeep is leaking something under the front grill close to drivers side front tire. The fluid looks red almost like tranny fluid. On a side note it does feel like my transimission slips or hesitates every once in a while accelerating from a stop.

Please help! I need to also lookup where the tranny dipstick is. The car is going in for service this week as I don't want to risk

#2 ·
Let me know if you're in need of further assistance once at dealer. Thanks - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

#6 ·
Greetings,

Is this problem covered under the warranty? I have the same problem as the OP.

Best for now.:)

#3 ·
There is no tranny dipstick.

I think the tranny cooler is built into the a/c condenser if I remember correctly. If so you will need condenser, evac and recharge a/c, and possible tranny fluid/filter change if there is some concern about contaminants. Possibly an a/c dryer, depending on how long the system is open. Several members have posted about the cooler failures in other threads.

#4 ·
Thanks for the responses. Today my Serv 4WD light came on and traction control went off. Also it was in limp mode I believe, no 5th gear and felt heavier. I will try and get a code at lunch. Any other thoughts?

Is this a dealer repair or can local mechanic fix it. I am at 101k now.

Thanks for the help. Any ideas ASAP would be great as I want to get this dropped off tonight. Also hope to keep cost low as all 3 of my kids are now in college :(

#5 ·
My local mechanic is a fantastic diagnostician. He's not one of these guys that starts installing one part after another until the bad part is accidentally replaced and the problem goes away. He is also honest to a fault. If you know a guy like that you are a lucky man and by all means let him work on your Jeep.

#7 ·
Hi I was able to get the transmission cooler replaced under warranty. But in truth I am not 100% positive if it is covered. I was actually at 100903 when I brought the car in, technically over warranty. The service tech (big thanks Jose at Herb Chambers) said it was covered and he would try to slide my mileage in at 99500. When I picked up the car he said it wasn't covered but said he would warrant the warranty and I only had to pay the $100 deductible.

So I think you might be able to get it covered if you get a good service tech.

Good luck

rob

Reactions: 1stJeepGC
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.