Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Removing clevis bolt for lowering springs, Help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/removing-clevis-bolt-for-lowering-springs-help-9857.html)

Supraman93 05-29-2010 11:13 AM

Removing clevis bolt for lowering springs, Help

Guys,

I'm trying to install my Eiback lowering springs on the front, (rear done already and I can't seem to get the lower clevis bolt out. I have the nut off and the arm is hanging down but the bolt won't come out.

Please help,

Thank You

yousmellfunnytoo 05-29-2010 12:42 PM

Re: Removing clevis bolt for lowering springs, Help

I had a ton of trouble with the driver side on mine too... Impact air wrench, guide pins, and a good dozen or 6 whacks it came out

SRTDZGN 05-29-2010 01:33 PM

Same here. Just had to beat the F**K out of it. But be sure not to mess up the threads.

Supraman93 05-29-2010 01:37 PM

Thank you for the reply. I' started on the pass. side and the clevis bolt won't budge. It keeps tryinjg to spring back cause it seems to be frozen in the bushings. I"m using a Snap On cordless impact and no luck. Plenty of lube also. I started to try and remove the fork from the shock and having a hard time with this also. The arm will go down so far and I have another 1" or so before the shock will come out of the fork. I have been reading on the lowering subject for quite some time but I guess I'm not having the best of luck today. I put the rears on a month or so ago and that was a peice of cake.

SRTDZGN 05-29-2010 03:22 PM

I also used a little bit of heat to get mine freed up.

yousmellfunnytoo 05-29-2010 06:00 PM

I was lucky to get an extra bolt with the forks, so i didnt care about threads, just keep hitting the crap out of it and it will go sooner or later

Scottina06 05-29-2010 07:35 PM

mine came out just fine...but we had it on a lift too

05wkguy 05-30-2010 02:19 AM

Gotta make sure you have a little pressure on the bolt as possible. Is the control arm hanging loose (sway bar not attached and the spindle isn't still bolted to the upper ball joint) ?

Supraman93 05-31-2010 09:36 AM

I finally got the springs installed. I gave up on removing the clevis bolt but removed the bottom of the shock from the clevis. I didn't want to continue messing with the clevis bolt after a couple of hours. Thought I would wind up messing up the lower control arm bushing. Would have been a fairly easy job if it wasn't for that frozen clevis bolt.
Thanks guys.

Scottina06 05-31-2010 02:17 PM

any pics?

Supraman93 05-31-2010 06:40 PM

Yes I'll post some pics this week. It's alittle dirty cause of the rain.