Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Saguaro group buy......... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/saguaro-group-buy-9937.html)

OBXJeep 06-01-2010 11:53 PM

Saguaro group buy.........

So I talked to the Saguaro guys via FB and they said......

"We'll get the partners together and discuss this further. Shoot us an e-mail at sales@saguaro4xcomponents.com and let us know how many are currently interested. Obviously we won't have a price right now because it has yet to be designed, but if we decide on doing a group buy, we'll e-mail those that are interested with the details when they are all available. Since this seems to be pretty popular it has made the design list!"

I think he thinks I'm talking about the tire carrier that works with the stock bumper, since I expressed interest in it during an earlier convo. But I told him that I believe we have people interested in both. The difference is.....

"Just for clarification, we are building a complete replacement rear bumper and tire carrier that should be in production in the next 2-3 weeks. The factory bumper tire carrier would be a tire carrier that would work with your factory plastic rear bumper. This would be lighter in weight and would allow you to continue to use your backup cameras and sensors because it would not require you to discard your factory rear bumper. The downside will be that it will not offer any protection while out on a trail. This will be great for those that can't fit a larger spare in the factory location, but don't do any serious off-roading."

I figured I'd post this to see how many people would be interested in either one of these... so who's down and who wants what? Here's a link to the bumper for the XJ which would be very similar to the WK

http://www.saguaro4xcomponents.com/i...products_id=16

but they said on their FB page....

"It will not incorporate a hitch receiver because some Jeeps come with a towing package already and you can purchase a receiver hitch for about $120. It does provide enough room to work with a receiver hitch and even a 4xguard rear skid if you have one. It will have rear quarter panel protection that wraps around the side of the jeep and that right now is where our biggest chunk of time has been spent - making it look good on the sides so you don't have just a square bumper as well we are trying to get it to match the fender lines. Not sure on the weight yet but we'll know more when we get the rear quarter panels finished. The latch is the same as those on our other rear tire carriers and the hinge will be the same also and both our female owners drive Jeeps with our tire carriers on them and have no trouble opening and closing the tire carrier. It does have shackle mounts and relocates your license plate and will offer a light to avoid problems with the law. It even has holes for which to use your Hi-lift jack."

BlackedOutWK 06-02-2010 08:21 AM

Re: Saguaro group buy.........

i am interested in just the carrier (because i know i wont be able to afford the entire bumper) but in all honesty it's going to depend on the finished look and also the price. it might be cheaper to air down a full size spare and put it in the stock location, then just get some cheap on-board air system.

RiverCityWK 06-02-2010 11:47 AM

I want the ENTIRE bumper

mikskillz 06-02-2010 12:42 PM

depending on weight, design and price i may be interested

creepin_jeeper 06-03-2010 09:34 AM

I have posted on FB my intrest in the stock bumper tire carrier. I believe according to the most recent wall post the factory bumper tire carrier had the most votes. As nice as an entire new steel bumper would be based on the info I've read about pricing I will never be able to afford one.

I had Ken build be a set of custom 3/4" front shackle mounts and I love them he added them to the list as an item they would build if the votes where there. I'm hoping that the factory bumper tire carrier will be the next item they stert working on. I guess we will see...

OBXJeep 06-03-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK (Post 215994)
i am interested in just the carrier (because i know i wont be able to afford the entire bumper) but in all honesty it's going to depend on the finished look and also the price. it might be cheaper to air down a full size spare and put it in the stock location, then just get some cheap on-board air system.

Yea, I like the entire bumper but for me it'd be more look than function since I don't really trail. I'm more of a beach cruiser so I'd just assume go with just the carrier. Plus, I'd rather buy the cheaper alternative and put that extra cash somewhere else on the Jeep :). I will tell them to let me know when we get closer to the finished product and I will get a better idea of who wants one. I thought about the aired down tire and all that but Idk, I think I'd rather just stick with a tire carrier but to each their own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by creepin_jeeper (Post 216544)
I have posted on FB my intrest in the stock bumper tire carrier. I believe according to the most recent wall post the factory bumper tire carrier had the most votes. As nice as an entire new steel bumper would be based on the info I've read about pricing I will never be able to afford one.

I had Ken build be a set of custom 3/4" front shackle mounts and I love them he added them to the list as an item they would build if the votes where there. I'm hoping that the factory bumper tire carrier will be the next item they stert working on. I guess we will see...

Yea I believe as of yesterday it was in the lead and they said the voting ended tonight........ I think I'm going to be picking up some of the shackle mounts they have on the site. How much did he charge to make yours?

creepin_jeeper 06-04-2010 06:02 AM

I paid $100 for just the mounts shipped to my house. I had my own shackles that I bought elsewhere and I just used them. If you ever cruise over to jeeps unlimited forums I have a 2 page thread over there with tons of pictures. It should be on the first page or second. Check it out if you wanna see them.

mikskillz 06-04-2010 03:36 PM

bumper looks good - depending on price and timing of group buy i'm in

Micallef 06-05-2010 02:58 PM

i love the look of the front bumper, and now just checked out the rear bumped and must say, damn, that is some good work right there no doubt!