Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Search Forums

Join Jeep Garage Today
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: 3percenter3
Forum: Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 10-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Replies: 192
Views: 13,248
Posted By 3percenter3
Re: 2014 GCs that have steering shimmy over 60MPH

Quick update, I have just about 5k Miles on my 2014 overland w/ 5.7L and 20" forteras and the shimmy has not returned since my Balancing at 2k. I hate to see some of you still fighting this issue....
Forum: Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 09-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Replies: 192
Views: 13,248
Posted By 3percenter3
Re: 2014 GCs that have steering shimmy over 60MPH

I know the feeling. I Traded in my weekend car, an 09 Corvette Z06 for my jeep. I have thought several times how I wish I hadn't. I've had stereo/nav issues (which I fixed my self with the help of...
Forum: Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 09-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Replies: 192
Views: 13,248
Posted By 3percenter3
Re: 2014 GCs that have steering shimmy over 60MPH

Yes, Factory 20" wheels and Factory Goodyear Forteras. I put around 2k miles on the tires before it got to the point where I refused to drive it. Truthfully, I did go off road a couple of times in...
Forum: Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 09-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Replies: 192
Views: 13,248
Posted By 3percenter3
Re: 2014 GCs that have steering shimmy over 60MPH

I did somewhat before having the tires properly balanced. But then again the steering wheel was shaking so badly that any interruption in the harmonic just exacerbated the vibration upon recovery and...
Forum: Member Garage Discussions 09-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 504
Posted By 3percenter3
2014 Jeep GC Overland 4x4 5.7 :: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

2014 Jeep GC Overland 4x4 5.7 :: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (2013-09-04 15:55:25)
Forum: Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 09-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Replies: 192
Views: 13,248
Posted By 3percenter3
Re: 2014 GCs that have steering shimmy over 60MPH

My steering wheel used to shake terribly also and I could see it very well in the paddle shifters area of the wheel (like left and right really fast). Now none of that. The only thing that is visible...
Forum: Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 09-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Replies: 192
Views: 13,248
Posted By 3percenter3
Thumbs up Re: 2014 GCs that have steering shimmy over 60MPH

After about 700 miles, a road trip and normal daily driving, I am happy to report that 95% shimmy/vibration has not returned. That said, I'm not really sure about the other 5%. Prior to the fix the...
Forum: Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 08-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Replies: 192
Views: 13,248
Posted By 3percenter3
Thumbs up Re: 2014 GCs that have steering shimmy over 60MPH

Will do. 120 Miles Since the balancing and everything feels solid as I hope it stays. I will report back after a couple hundred more.
Forum: Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 08-29-2013, 05:46 AM
Replies: 192
Views: 13,248
Posted By 3percenter3
Thumbs up Re: 2014 GCs that have steering shimmy over 60MPH

Fortunately it did fix the problem. I confirmed last night but waited until my sustained highway speed drive to work this morning to confirm for sure. It is 300% better. This is how this vehicle...
Forum: Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 08-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Replies: 192
Views: 13,248
Posted By 3percenter3
Cool Re: 2014 GCs that have steering shimmy over 60MPH

Hi I'm David and I'm relatively new to the Jeep Garage (I've been reading a lot but not posting much) but just wanted to chime in on this discussion since it applies to me as well. (i apologize for...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community