Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a new rebuilt ATK motor in my Jeep. The fuel pump needed replaced so we bought a new Jeep filter and brand new Jeep fuel pump. Its has loud whining noise. We just took it back and have another new one on order. Any one with any advice would be helpful. We checked lines and anything else that could be a problem.

·
The beast from Brazil
8,228 Posts
I replaced the fuel pump on my jeep for a non jeep part, but this one is a lot louder then the original pump. At idle, you can hear the pump noise over the engine noise. Its working like this for a year now, but it still irritates me a bit:mad:.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Put second new Jeep fuel pump in after a couple minutes it starts whining again just like before. So we take out the new Jeep fuel filter/regulator and replace that with a new Purlator filter/regulator from Advance . Now it's totally quiet. So it was not the new pump it was the new regulator. Crazy to think that a factory new Jeep part failed and a new Advance part was better.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Try it next time and the Advance part will be bad and the Jeep part will be good. You can't tell with this stuff anymore and it's getting worse. Its all disposable junk built with cheap overseas labor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't automatically assume that the Jeep branded part is anything different than what you are purchasing at your local auto parts store. In some cases they are, but in many cases parts used by auto corporations are from the same manufacturers that you can buy elsewhere.

Auto companies are in business to make money, and that means that they sometimes place the cost over quality...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts