Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I had a shop install my heads and headers a few years back. I work overseas so I don't get too much time with my Jeep. At the time of the install, I had the shop install a new water pump and new radiator hoses.

Since the install, I have noticed some coolant spray on the engine seeming coming from the hose clamp areas. Currently there are the worm type hose clamps you find at hardware stores. I don't remember, but aren't the factory hose clamps the compression style? I am trying to figure out if the shop screwed me and tossed my factory and hose clamps and put on these others ones. Next time I am home I plan to drain the system and replace the clamps.

Can someone with an 05 5.7L check to see what hose clamps they have? I checked with the dealership but the pic from the part catalog seems to show a worm type clamp. Dealership wanted like $12 a piece which is worrisome.

Anyone have the hose size and possibly a link to a clamp that will work? Are all 4 the same size?

·
Registered
2006 WK Overland
2,080 Posts
I use Billet Technologies machined aluminum Thermostat Housings and stainless steel T-bolt hose clamps on both of my Hemi's. You'll have to measure your thermostat housing, both radiator outlets, and the lower water pump sizes before you order though. I've never had a problem with any leakage since using this combination. I use to have never ending issues with the cheap stamped metal thermostat housing. Below are a couple references on what the clamps look like and what's available. After determining the correct sizes, (IIRC there were two different sizes) I'd recommend you do some research to find the correct sizes and best prices.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It's not easy finding info online on the tube sizing. I think there are 2 ends that are 1.5" and 2 that at 1.75". Finding a lot of continuous tension clamps but having a hard time finding them in that large of a size.

Thanks for the info!!

·
Premium Member
2020 WK2 - previous Jeeps:XJ, WK
300 Posts
Next time I have to replace a water pump or radiator hose I'll be looking for a constant pressure type clamp. I've used the worm type in the past and never found them to leak if they are properly placed and tightened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts