Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this Jeep last Saturday, it has 152,000 miles on it and it has the 5.7 hemi. I started smelling something in the cabin almost whenever I stop. At first I thought it was a coolant leak so I had it pressure tested and came up with a slight radiator leak. Got it replaced for a reasonable price and thought that was it. Got it back and I still smelled something odd, but I also knew the shop spilled some coolant and wanted to give it a couple days to burn off, this was on Thursday. Today I can still smell it, but this time my father was with me and we both believe it's not coolant, it wasn't sweet smelling, but we can't figure out what it is. The heater core is fine, there's no moister on the passenger floorboard, nor does the windows fog up. I'm starting to think it's something dealing with the exhaust, since I can only smell it when I'm not moving, which would allow for the fumes to get into the cabin. I also noticed a dark spot in the engine bay, posted below, But I'm not sure what that would be from...oil? Maybe oil hitting a hot exhaust pipe? Any suggestions would be welcomed, thanks!

Dark spot: https://imgur.com/gallery/0xPl0

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I took the Jeep back to the shop and they found a leak around the temp gauge, they replaced the gauge and tightened up the area for free. This was yesterday. I got a 2inch lift put on today. Riding around today I still smelled something coming from the engine bay since I can only smell it when the fans are one. I thought it was coolant but it's not sweet. It's more of a rubber burning smell. Any ideas? Also riding home there was a clunking sound coming from the back after I got the lift on. Is this normal for a new lift? I just put spacers on, no new shocks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts