Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the truck is cold for about 2 miles and only when I turn the wheel the front end seems like its binding bit the weird part is after about two miles I will stop and don't have a problem till its cold again my first thought was axle but I don't know because it would still do it when warm I need help on this subject

· Registered
24 Posts
I have an 05 with a similar problem. I occasionally have the front end feel very tight when turning the wheel like the front wheels are locked in 4 wheel drive. Happens when it's cold only. Then I also get a clunking sound which happens anytime but not all the time. Happens when I turn the wheel all the way to lock. Mostly to the right and sometimes when I hit a bump. Have you had any luck with yours?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

· The beast from Brazil
8,310 Posts
If you have quadra drive, then it can be low on limited slip additive in the differential.
The clunking can come from worn differential bushings.

· Registered
45 Posts
I have the same but seems to be worse when starting in reverse then pops as I transition forward. Like out of parking spot. I have and light for left wheel sensor and service 4 wheel drive light.

Does that sound same as yours?

· Registered
45 Posts
I have the same but seems to be worse when starting in reverse then pops as I transition forward. Like out of parking spot. I have and light for left wheel sensor and service 4 wheel drive light.

Does that sound same as yours?

· Registered
24 Posts
Yes very similar I just replaced my front differential fluid. I'm hoping the friction disks are causing the noise. My service four-wheel-drive light was on until I saw on a thread that told me to remove the fuse turn the key on and off and then reinstall the fuse and the four-wheel-drive worked fine ever since. If you can't find a thread let me know I'll try to look it up for you.

· Registered
45 Posts
I added the additive to the royal purple as some suggested with no effects. I finally got the rear wheel speed sensor and replaced it. That seems to have fixed that problem as far as I can tell. The ABS must have been activating for the "resistance" I felt.

I will repost if the condition returns when I get it running again. Not 24 hours later the crank and camshaft sensors failed and I'm waiting on those! I'm starting to feel like the end of a bad joke since I bought this thing lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.