Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to be thorough as I can. My no start is a no crank, well it kinda cranks. Starter will engage for a blink of an eye. Just a brief crank. Then instrument panel warning lights will stay on for about ten seconds, even after key is removed. Radio stays off until instrument lights go off, then the radio cuts on but with no audio. If I turn key too acc or on position the audio comes on along with the usual startup indicator lamps. Attempt to start, I get the same barely crank then it repeats. New battery, new starter, new relay. With the dash lights acting crazy, I believe this to be a computer issue.. idk. This is also random, no start and stranded for hours then it just starts.. .This is not an issue I have ever seen before or even heard of... At wits end with it. Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
When the new starter was put in, was a new ground wire repair put in ? If not, it will need to be done. This is the main issue with the 5.7 not cranking, and the dealer sells a repair kit for the starter ground wire. It gets corroded, loses voltage and that is when the starter stops cranking over. It is a PITA to do, costly labor, like so many things on the WK

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to be thorough as I can. My no start is a no crank, well it kinda cranks. Starter will engage for a blink of an eye. Just a brief crank. Then instrument panel warning lights will stay on for about ten seconds, even after key is removed. Radio stays off until instrument lights go off, then the radio cuts on but with no audio. If I turn key too acc or on position the audio comes on along with the usual startup indicator lamps. Attempt to start, I get the same barely crank then it repeats. New battery, new starter, new relay. With the dash lights acting crazy, I believe this to be a computer issue.. idk. This is also random, no start and stranded for hours then it just starts.. .This is not an issue I have ever seen before or even heard of... At wits end with it. Please help. Thanks
It's your main computer going out. This exact thing happened on my Ford Escape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts