Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently my parents have handed me down the Jeep srt8 that was handed down to my sister. I recieved the truck because my sister didnt like the gas mileage but besides that im 19 just started working and started to take the truck to work i noticed that when im on the freeway the truck cant or doesnt want to go past 80/90 it starts to shake i told my dad about it he said it was probably the wheels because my sister wouldnt really maintain the truck so i put on some Nitto 420 on her and tried again to go over 80/90 when i tried it shook but it felt more to do with the engine i pushed it a little more and kept shaking harder so i slowed down but it smelled like a hot oil or plastic its weird because it drives fine below 80 mph so i took it for an inspection nothing was leaking and had go plenty oil and coolant so i dont know what that may be now. And now im noticing a weird clunk from when i put it to any gears/position so when i put it on drive it makes a wierd clunk reverse same thing anything put it on it makes a clunk i never heard before and also when i drive casually it like dumps the gear like it will shift but aggressively but only sometimes and same when im starting to slow down it down shifts very aggressive sometimes aswell. Last part lets say im cruisin around 40/50 and floor it it makes a weird noise under the the shift nob or whatever its like a errrrrrr then clunk (lol) and when that happens i just let of the throttle so i dont know what that may be either.Im 19 and working minimum wage while attending college so i dont make the most money to fix it right away i wont sell it due to it given to our family from a d relative . The truck is weird thoe if i floor it from a dig it shift through all the gears fine but can go past 80 remember that but other than that it handles well but just from like 3rd gear and up it doesnt feel like its working properly and all my friends that have sports cars dont know when it comes to the jeep because you hardly see them like they suggest its the tranny other say something might be loose or the engine is missfiring idk at this point but saving up to get it fixed but just wanted to see if this forum have any suggest so i wont be spending money on things that might not be the case and currently saving for a whole tune up but suggestion will help and ik it might be hard to read this sorry about that but hope some people can help with suggestions. Theres a couple more problems but will say later

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.