Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a leveling kit on my jeep commander 3 in infront 2 in the back.. I'm going with a 31 inch tire.. Should I go any bigger?? Or would a 31 all terrain look good??

Any suggestions or opinions would help :)

Thank you

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
ours was a 06 and we had a 2" lift with a 1/4 shim from RRO and ran 31.9 " BFG KO's . We would get a rub at full lock ( probably wouldnt of done it if we did the pinch weld mod) . so 31" would be fine

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
So thats how it sits with the 2 in and the 31.9 tires?? Looks really good!!

Sits real nice. My wife is 5'4" we had to get the rocky road outfitters super sliders for her to get in , lol.

It gives it a nice aggressive stance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I'm looking for that aggressive look...

I'm not too sure.. I know it'll just be a leveling kit though..

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sounds like it outa be pretty sweet. I've always liked the XK lifted. They look like a cross breed of WK and JK. Square body design of wrangler with style of GC

·
natural born world shaker
2,692 Posts
That's what I'm looking for that aggressive look...

I'm not too sure.. I know it'll just be a leveling kit though..
The RRO kit is 2.25 inches of lift. Smaller then the 3 inches you mentioned in your OP. It will maintain the factory rake of the XK, give you teh aggressive look you want and allow you to fit 265/70/17.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome!! So now should I go for mud terrains or all terrain? What's the diffrence I ride.. Ill be taking it off road once in a while but nothing crazy.. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm getting a good deal on some 265/70R17 toyo all terrain.. What about those?? With the leveling kit I mentioned

·
Registered
WK
739 Posts
Sounds to me like you may have the RK 3.5 X factor in mind. If you do, I'd steer clear of it.

If you had a true 3" kit, you'd be able to fit 285/70/17's.

I've owned the toyo tires in the past and liked them, but no A/T tire compares to the Duratracs. Just an incredible tire!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts