Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

10 cd disc changer eject issue

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  topat46 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I have a 2004, Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Let me tell you I absolutely love this vehicle. Just wish it more MPG, lol. I bought the Jeep used in 2014 and it had 105000, it now has 122000. I was trying to get the cd changer out today and I couldn't get it to eject the cartridge to fill it. Well I thought maybe i had to have the ignition on and the radio on switched to cg and that didn't work. I got the manual out and it did't say anything about the ignition on. The only thing i have done as far as replacement is replacing the battery, so i don't know if that has anything to do with it. Does it require a fuse? i thought maybe I blew a fuse or something. Has anyone had issues with theirs? It's very frustrating that I can't get it to eject. Please and Thank you in advance. By the way i took off the outer cover just to check it out and it was unplugged do I plugged it in and nothing happened. I proceeded to start the engine and selected cd option and it read "no magazine" so I don't if the magazine is missing or if I take it that the bugger is shot and need a new one. i just know when i pressed the eject button when i plugged it in. I guess I need to replace the whole unit. I also cheeked out the charger port next to it to see if it was operating and it was functioning as it was charging my kindle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.