Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
High Altitude
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I had to get a new windshield so here is the windshield tinted at 50% with a 5% strip on top

Rest of the car is 12% all the way around including both pano sunroofs

Cuts out on a lot of glare, and from the inside it seems unnoticeable even at night but out side looking in you hardly can see anyone hopefully it will help keep temps lower and protect my Interior more

figured some might want to see what this looks like

No tint

IMG_0781.JPG

TINTED cant even tell its tinted from inside but BIG diff from outside looking in

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0789.JPG

·
Registered
282 Posts
I like it looks good and it has to add some help to protecting the interior. However I have to ask, where do you live? Here on the east coast any alteration is taboo and will almost certainly result in ticketing or failed inspection or both.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Window tint % limitations are all over the board depending on the state you live in. So it's well worth checking in advance or just telling your tint shop "I want them no darker than the legal max". They know the regs.
I never want to give the "gendarmes" a reason for a traffic stop for something minor like window tint.
Josh, yours looks great. Wish I could go that dark.

·
Registered
High Altitude
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like it looks good and it has to add some help to protecting the interior. However I have to ask, where do you live? Here on the east coast any alteration is taboo and will almost certainly result in ticketing or failed inspection or both.
yeah im in CT not city area more suburbs, I dont think any state laws allow windshield tinting but unless your doing something stupid most likely you will be okit not dark enough that you can see through so that's the kicker I feel like as long as they can see you its ok . in ct the driver and passenger is the only windows that have the tint law and its 35%

·
Registered
77 Posts
yeah im in CT not city area more suburbs, I dont think any state laws allow windshield tinting but unless your doing something stupid most likely you will be okit not dark enough that you can see through so that's the kicker I feel like as long as they can see you its ok . in ct the driver and passenger is the only windows that have the tint law and its 35%
Damn...wish here in Pa I could do the same. Looks great!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts